Clerkship Work & Interest

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Detrox

Clerkship Work & Interest

Postby Detrox » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:59 pm

I was hoping current and former clerks (preferably federal district or CoA) could comment on how interesting or rewarding they found the work of clerking. I'm especially interested in how you found your work in comparison to work you did/are doing in Biglaw. Of course the hours and context are very different beasts, but I'm intrigued if the hours were assumed to be equal, would clerkship work still be more interesting/rewarding than junior associate work? All subjective, I know, but honest responses are appreciated!

traydeuce

Re: Clerkship Work & Interest

Postby traydeuce » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:07 am

Lol. Way lower hours, vastly more interesting work. I'm going to wildly guess that 95% of clerks feel that way.

Detrox

Re: Clerkship Work & Interest

Postby Detrox » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:43 pm

traydeuce wrote:Lol. Way lower hours, vastly more interesting work. I'm going to wildly guess that 95% of clerks feel that way.

Good to hear. I've heard anecdotally that some judges have killer hours comparable to Biglaw, not just the bigshot feeders either. But it's still good to hear that the work is far more interesting.

Return to “Legal Employment”