1L Summer Camp Question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Which one?

Attorney General
13%
State Judge
88%

Total votes: 8

JewishFightClub

1L Summer Camp Question

Postby JewishFightClub » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:27 pm

So I have an internship offer with a state judge in Chicago as well as an offer in the AG's office for my home state on the East Coast. I'm not sure which to take, relevant things to consider:

- I don't need to return to my homestate really just want to live somewhere that doesn't suck ie mid/large city
- I have no ties to the midwest where my school is so in my convoluted mind i think staying here during the summer might help me
- I do not have a place to live for free in either location

Any advice appreciated and yes I know that unpaid internships not exactly the best things in the world or defining of my career going forward.

target

Re: 1L Summer Camp Question

Postby target » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:33 pm

JewishFightClub wrote:So I have an internship offer with a state judge in Chicago as well as an offer in the AG's office for my home state on the East Coast. I'm not sure which to take, relevant things to consider:

- I don't need to return to my homestate really just want to live somewhere that doesn't suck ie mid/large city
- I have no ties to the midwest where my school is so in my convoluted mind i think staying here during the summer might help me
- I do not have a place to live for free in either location

Any advice appreciated and yes I know that unpaid internships not exactly the best things in the world or defining of my career going forward.

Congrats on these great offers! It sounds like you are okay with staying where your school is this summer. Then, you should take a judge internship. It may help you open up your geographical options next fall.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:42 pm

I'd take Chicago to reinforce your interest in the midwest.

JewishFightClub

Postby JewishFightClub » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:56 pm

Thanks, yeah I was kind of leaning that way too although AG's office seems more prestigious anybody have an opinion that way?

Return to “Legal Employment”