using a fake address for setting up a company

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

using a fake address for setting up a company

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:04 pm

is this even legal?

I found out that an acquaintance of mine tried to set up a company a few years ago. The company was registered but it has been "suspended" for some reason. The registration address is in beverly hills. I was a little astounded because she comes from a working class background even though she's not dirt poor. I googled that address and found out that she never lived there or owned it. the place is worth about 3 - 4 million - a residential property that belonged to a cardiologist couple and was later sold to another wealthy couple.

This question may sound off-limit to this forum. The person who did this is actually a newly admitted attorney and a friend that I met via networking activities. I felt like a lot about her is very fishy. I think I should stop corresponding with her....

Re: using a fake address for setting up a company

Postby dailygrind » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:10 pm

Don't solicit legal advice.

Return to “Legal Employment”