US HUD or EEOC?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

US HUD or EEOC?

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:51 am

Hey everyone. I'm staying anonymous to keep my identity from influencing responses and due to the nature of the question. I'm trying to choose between a 2L summer internship at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (which would involve working under an ALJ in the hearings unit) and one at the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. Both are unpaid (although the latter said there is a 50/50 chance that the us government might fund a program to help pay interns this summer), based in Southern offices, and I need to decide this week. Thoughts?

LawIdiot86

Re: US HUD or EEOC?

Postby LawIdiot86 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:26 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Hey everyone. I'm staying anonymous to keep my identity from influencing responses and due to the nature of the question. I'm trying to choose between a 2L summer internship at the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (which would involve working under an ALJ in the hearings unit) and one at the US Department of Housing and Urban Development. Both are unpaid (although the latter said there is a 50/50 chance that the us government might fund a program to help pay interns this summer), based in Southern offices, and I need to decide this week. Thoughts?

What would you be doing at HUD? What type of law would you prefer to do after graduation? EEOC sets you up for L&E and ADR, HUD would set you up for totally different kinds of things.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:36 am

OP Update: I turned both down for a better offer somewhere else.

LawIdiot86

Postby LawIdiot86 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:42 am

Anonymous User wrote:OP Update: I turned both down for a better offer somewhere else.

Congrats!

Return to “Legal Employment”