Clerk for court of international trade Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Clerk for court of international trade

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:46 am

Does anyone know the salary...if it leads to big law...and if biglaw gives bonuses?

I am working at a firm that specializes in this field and think i will have a leg up on getting a clerkship in this court, but am not sure if its prestigious or worth it.. etc ec.

Anonymous User

Re: Clerk for court of international trade

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:13 am

The salary, like every other federal clerkship, is JSP-10 to 11, as far as I know. (I'm clerking at a similar non-Art. III court and will be making JSP-11 ($65k in D.C.).)

LawIdiot86

Silver

Post by LawIdiot86 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:13 am

Anonymous User wrote:The salary, like every other federal clerkship, is JSP-10 to 11, as far as I know. (I'm clerking at a similar non-Art. III court and will be making JSP-11 ($65k in D.C.).)
CIT is art. III and sits in NY. CFC and Tax are the art. I courts in DC.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:42 pm

LawIdiot86 wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:The salary, like every other federal clerkship, is JSP-10 to 11, as far as I know. (I'm clerking at a similar non-Art. III court and will be making JSP-11 ($65k in D.C.).)
Thanks - I didn't realize it was the same level as a circuit court?

Are they just as hard to get? I ranked very highly in my class, but T2. Currently work at a well known international trade firm (but mid sized). Was debating doing a clerkship and trying to move to big law after.

LawIdiot86

Silver

Post by LawIdiot86 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
LawIdiot86 wrote:
Thanks - I didn't realize it was the same level as a circuit court?

Are they just as hard to get? I ranked very highly in my class, but T2. Currently work at a well known international trade firm (but mid sized). Was debating doing a clerkship and trying to move to big law after.
Circuit courts haven't existed since 1911... Their cases are appealed to the COA for the Federal Circuit, so no, they aren't an appellate court. I don't know how hard they are to get, I imagine the same as a good (between SDNY and Montana, let's say Connecticut) district court.

traydeuce

Silver

Post by traydeuce » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:49 pm

All I know is that one of their judges, Restani, is brilliant and spends her life sitting by designation on various COA's. Google suggests that her clerks aren't quite on the level of most COA judges.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”