Lowenstein Sandler Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Lowenstein Sandler

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:06 pm

Anyone know what kind of grades it takes for this firm coming from MVP? How would I even go about figuring this out? Thanks!

Anon. b/c post history + this post will likely out me to peers.

Anonymous User

Re: Lowenstein Sandler

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:29 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anyone know what kind of grades it takes for this firm coming from MVP? How would I even go about figuring this out? Thanks!

Anon. b/c post history + this post will likely out me to peers.
I was median at a T14 with ties to the region and I didn't get a callback after OCI. But only 29 kids bid for 20 interview slots, so I gather they aren't that competitive and I just suck at interviewing. Also, they lied to me for two months and said they were still deciding when I called to express interest. Then they realized the letter of rejection had been lost in the mail and emailed their file copy to me. Their PDF scan of the letter was dated the day after my screener. Incompetent lying losers.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:27 pm

From what I understand they take a lot of their summer class from the two Rutgers schools.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:12 am

Top 1/3 + journal. They have the largest summer class in NJ, a decent number of those are top students from Rutgers and Seton Hall. But you definitely will see students from the T-14 represented in the summer class as well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:38 am

They do take more from the T14 than other New Jersey firms. It seems like one of the things they want is someone who wants to be in New Jersey and isn't using Jersey firms as a fallback for being in New York (which is a pretty ineffective strategy anyway).

I got them from median or slightly below from a T6 with ties.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:14 pm

Got a snail mail letter informing me that I will hear from them again by the 13th. Should I respond to this in any way? I'm super interested, unfortunately I have no ties. I did have the interviewer laughing, like really hard.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:03 pm

I did a CB with them last year (T14 transfer from NJ school). Generally got the impression they do CB's by school/grades (higher ranked the school, the lower your GPA can be). If you have a screener and they like you on paper, they will skip you straight to the CB (especially if you're from NJ). In addition to the T14, they also hire from places like BU/BC/GW.

They consider the NY firms their competition for recruitment, operate a free-market and are really big on people who are "self starters" and want to "own their career". It has a bit of a sweatshop reputation and you will work your ass off. I know someone who worked there less than a year and bolted for state government.

The only weird thing that happened in my interview was that the recruiting person legit asked me for my LSAT score (I'm guessing it was because I was a transfer).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:30 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Got a snail mail letter informing me that I will hear from them again by the 13th. Should I respond to this in any way? I'm super interested, unfortunately I have no ties. I did have the interviewer laughing, like really hard.
Received one as well but mine said that I should hear something by the 19th. I guess this is common practice for them.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:25 pm

Got a CB as top quarter at a CCN last year, didn't go on the CB in the end so I don't know if I'd have gotten an offer. Grew up in New Jersey and had some more recent relevant ties, so I probably did look like I might go back to NJ. I basically spent the whole interview talking about how much I love NJ, how they were in the best in NJ for corporate practice, etc. I think that's probably TCR. If you grew up in NJ and have above median grades at a T14, you should have a chance with them.

They were the only firm I interviewed with that let me know I got a CB by snail mail. No phone call, though I did have to call them to schedule the interview.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:47 pm

Does anybody know about Lowenstein's NY office?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Does anybody know about Lowenstein's NY office?
Pretty small still, though it's only been open for 10 years or so. only 2 SAs this past summer, not sure if they plan to hire more this year.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:50 pm

I got an interview with them during the add period at CLS. I'm a transfer, and I'm not from NJ and I have no ties to NJ or NYC. It's too late to cancel it.

This should be fuuuuuuuun

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Penn Symplicity lists them as preferring 3.2+ GPAs (below, but not significantly below median). Not from/don't have ties to North Jersey, but I'm not interested in NYC and could definitely be hip to raising a family in/around Roseland. Guess we'll see how that goes...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”