REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
User avatar
Julio_El_Chavo
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 pm

REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:22 pm

There's a reason why you see posts like: "GEE WIZ, I BET 80% OF THE PEOPLE AT UVA GOT BIGLAW, LOLOLOLOL!" It's because people in the bottom half at schools like MVP don't really talk to other law students about anything, and especially not grades, jobs, etc. This includes talking to other law students on TLS. I just assume that people who have dropped off the map in law school have bottom-half grades because I never really see them or interact with them. This is understandable because why would they want to be around a bunch of cocky dickheads who talk about their clerkship hunts and the relative prestige of their firms? This mentality is actually amplified on TLS because of the anonymity of the Legal Employment forum, so you're not getting a full picture of employment prospects by listening to a bunch of people in the top half of the class congratulate themselves and speculate on their clerkship chances.

vacate123
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:51 am

Re: REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

Postby vacate123 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:24 pm

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:There's a reason why you see posts like: "GEE WIZ, I BET 80% OF THE PEOPLE AT UVA GOT BIGLAW, LOLOLOLOL!" It's because people in the bottom half at schools like MVP don't really talk to other law students about anything, and especially not grades, jobs, etc. I just assume people who have dropped off the map in law school have bottom-half grades because I never really see them or interact with them. This is understandable because why would they want to be around a bunch of cocky dickheads who talk about their clerkship hunts and the relative prestige of their firms? This is the same mentality that explains why these people don't post on TLS where these dickish tendencies are amplified by the anonymity of the Legal Employment forum.

cool story bro
Last edited by vacate123 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Julio_El_Chavo
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:24 pm

vacate123 wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:There's a reason why you see posts like: "GEE WIZ, I BET 80% OF THE PEOPLE AT UVA GOT BIGLAW, LOLOLOLOL!" It's because people in the bottom half at schools like MVP don't really talk to other law students about anything, and especially not grades, jobs, etc. I just assume people who have dropped off the map in law school have bottom-half grades because I never really see them or interact with them. This is understandable because why would they want to be around a bunch of cocky dickheads who talk about their clerkship hunts and the relative prestige of their firms? This is the same mentality that explains why these people don't post on TLS where these dickish tendencies are amplified by the anonymity of the Legal Employment forum.

uh.. what the hell are you talking about?


You seem dumb.

vacate123
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:51 am

Re: REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

Postby vacate123 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:25 pm

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
vacate123 wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:There's a reason why you see posts like: "GEE WIZ, I BET 80% OF THE PEOPLE AT UVA GOT BIGLAW, LOLOLOLOL!" It's because people in the bottom half at schools like MVP don't really talk to other law students about anything, and especially not grades, jobs, etc. I just assume people who have dropped off the map in law school have bottom-half grades because I never really see them or interact with them. This is understandable because why would they want to be around a bunch of cocky dickheads who talk about their clerkship hunts and the relative prestige of their firms? This is the same mentality that explains why these people don't post on TLS where these dickish tendencies are amplified by the anonymity of the Legal Employment forum.

uh.. what the hell are you talking about?


You seem dumb.


no but seriously, wtf are you talking about? Is this your free therapeutic advice for yourself?
Last edited by vacate123 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Julio_El_Chavo
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:26 pm

vacate123 wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
vacate123 wrote:
Julio_El_Chavo wrote:There's a reason why you see posts like: "GEE WIZ, I BET 80% OF THE PEOPLE AT UVA GOT BIGLAW, LOLOLOLOL!" It's because people in the bottom half at schools like MVP don't really talk to other law students about anything, and especially not grades, jobs, etc. I just assume people who have dropped off the map in law school have bottom-half grades because I never really see them or interact with them. This is understandable because why would they want to be around a bunch of cocky dickheads who talk about their clerkship hunts and the relative prestige of their firms? This is the same mentality that explains why these people don't post on TLS where these dickish tendencies are amplified by the anonymity of the Legal Employment forum.

uh.. what the hell are you talking about?


You seem dumb.


no but seriously, wtf are you talking about dumbass?


WTF does it looks like I'm talking about? Read the thread title you mongrel idiot.

vacate123
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:51 am

Re: REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

Postby vacate123 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Yeah but sounds like your intended audience is yourself. This is the surest sign that you need more real-life friends.

User avatar
Julio_El_Chavo
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:27 pm

vacate123 wrote:Yeah but sounds like your intended audience is yourself. This is the surest sign that you need more real-life friends.


And what do your posts communicate about yourself?

User avatar
blink
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:14 pm

Re: REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

Postby blink » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:28 pm

this thread went to hell really fast, even by TLS standards! bravo!

LawIdiot86
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

Postby LawIdiot86 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:30 pm

I'm not seeing the problem here. People in the bottom half are depressed at their failure to achieve and avoid having that feeling of failure magnified by interacting with people in the top half. People in the top half get to begin their future life of hanging with other monied bros and chatting about the latest car they're going to buy (on credit). Both sides end up ahead by not interacting! </snark>

vacate123
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:51 am

Re: REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

Postby vacate123 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:31 pm

blink wrote:this thread went to hell really fast, even by TLS standards! bravo!

yeah took like 6 minutes.

Julio: "here I am, the People's Therapist." Sounds like he's referring to his own psychosis.

vacate123
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:51 am

Re: REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

Postby vacate123 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:33 pm

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:I just assume that people who have dropped off the map in law school have bottom-half grades because I never really see them or interact with them.


Maybe they don't want to interact with you. Ever think of that possibility? That sentence is probably the single-most pretentious/obnoxious post I've ever read on TLS.

Morgan12Oak
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:59 am

Re: REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

Postby Morgan12Oak » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:34 pm

REMINDER: this is a reason why people don't like law students
PSA: this is because people post like this
FYI: this is also how annoying law students talk

Seriously, there's some like weird aspie-law school syndrome mutation that needs to be studied more in depth. It's like they spot some possible explanation and announce to the world in the form of a PSA

vacate123
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:51 am

Re: REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

Postby vacate123 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:37 pm

Morgan12Oak wrote:REMINDER: this is a reason why people don't like law students
PSA: this is because people post like this
FYI: this is also how annoying law students talk

Seriously, there's some like weird aspie-law school syndrome mutation that needs to be studied more in depth. It's like they spot some possible explanation and announce to the world in the form of a PSA

+1, raised to a Julio

LawIdiot86
Posts: 1159
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Re: REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

Postby LawIdiot86 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:38 pm

Morgan12Oak wrote:REMINDER: this is a reason why people don't like law students
PSA: this is because people post like this
FYI: this is also how annoying law students talk

Seriously, there's some like weird aspie-law school syndrome mutation that needs to be studied more in depth. It's like they spot some possible explanation and announce to the world in the form of a PSA


Are you questioning that my ideas are the most original and best written thoughts ever conceived? Why would you deprive the world my incredible wisdom that I, in perfect form, communicate via declarative statements at times I believe the world will best benefit from hearing them?

User avatar
Julio_El_Chavo
Posts: 803
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:09 pm

Re: REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:39 pm

LawIdiot86 wrote:
Morgan12Oak wrote:REMINDER: this is a reason why people don't like law students
PSA: this is because people post like this
FYI: this is also how annoying law students talk

Seriously, there's some like weird aspie-law school syndrome mutation that needs to be studied more in depth. It's like they spot some possible explanation and announce to the world in the form of a PSA


Are you questioning that my ideas are the most original and best written thoughts ever conceived? Why would you deprive the world my incredible wisdom that I, in perfect form, communicate via declarative statements at times I believe the world will best benefit from hearing them?


180

vacate123
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:51 am

Re: REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

Postby vacate123 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:42 pm

Julio_El_Chavo wrote:
LawIdiot86 wrote:
Morgan12Oak wrote:REMINDER: this is a reason why people don't like law students
PSA: this is because people post like this
FYI: this is also how annoying law students talk

Seriously, there's some like weird aspie-law school syndrome mutation that needs to be studied more in depth. It's like they spot some possible explanation and announce to the world in the form of a PSA


Are you questioning that my ideas are the most original and best written thoughts ever conceived? Why would you deprive the world my incredible wisdom that I, in perfect form, communicate via declarative statements at times I believe the world will best benefit from hearing them?


180

You do know they're BOTH referring to you right? Just making sure. I can't tell what human emotions/interactions you're able to relate to.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273601
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:44 pm

PSA: not true. Many bottom half people in my section have jobs.

User avatar
20121109
Posts: 2149
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:19 pm

Re: REMINDER: ppl in the bottom half in ls don't post on TLS

Postby 20121109 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:49 pm

This thread is an abortion.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.