advices on interviewing with an asia branch of big firms?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
yung

advices on interviewing with an asia branch of big firms?

Postby yung » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:51 pm

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has had the experience of interviewing(phone) with an asia branch of a V100 firm and if you have any tips on how to conduct myself and how it is different from a regular big law interview?

Anonymous User

Re: advices on interviewing with an asia branch of big firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:12 pm

I interviewed with Skadden Tokyo in person during OCI. It was just like any other interview, but of course, I got more specific questions about my interest in Asia. I would imagine your phone interview would be like any other phone interview too. I didn't get "tested" on my language proficiency or anything, if that's what you may be worried about. But may I suggest that if your resume doesn't readily demonstrate an interest in Asia, that you modify it? I had a bunch of Japan-related stuff I had to leave off my resume for my US office firms, but included in my resumes sent to Asian offices.

Good luck on the interview.

Anonymous User

Re: advices on interviewing with an asia branch of big firms?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:44 pm

Check PM.

Return to “Legal Employment”