Conflicts check form question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Conflicts check form question

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:30 pm

My 2L firm is requesting a list of matters, clients, etc I worked on in my prior employment as a 1L SA. I have no idea what I worked on and don't really remember the clients.

Would emailing the recruiting director at the firm and asking for a list of the matters be kosher?

Lwoods

Re: Conflicts check form question

Postby Lwoods » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My 2L firm is requesting a list of matters, clients, etc I worked on in my prior employment as a 1L SA. I have no idea what I worked on and don't really remember the clients.

Would emailing the recruiting director at the firm and asking for a list of the matters be kosher?

Not sure if the recruiting director would have access to your billing records for 1L summer, but that would seem the logical place to start (s/he'll probably reach out to accounting, I imagine).
Conflicts checks are common/necessary, so I'd probably approach it in a "I want to make sure I don't miss any" respect as opposed to "I don't remember anything I did."

Return to “Legal Employment”