Interview toward the beginning or toward the end?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Interview toward the beginning or toward the end?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:43 pm

For 1L summer associateship I can be one of the first to interview or one of the last. Which should I choose? Does it matter?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Interview toward the beginning or toward the end?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:44 pm

see if you can take up all the slots and eliminate all competition

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Interview toward the beginning or toward the end?

Postby 20130312 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:59 pm

There's a lot of "wisdom" out there about when to interview, but overall I'd say it's a wash between the two. Being the first interview after they get back from lunch is a good place to be, though.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Interview toward the beginning or toward the end?

Postby 09042014 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:59 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:There's a lot of "wisdom" out there about when to interview, but overall I'd say it's a wash between the two.


I've heard: early is better the interviewer is fresh; and later is better because they will remember you.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Interview toward the beginning or toward the end?

Postby r6_philly » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:00 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:There's a lot of "wisdom" out there about when to interview, but overall I'd say it's a wash between the two.


I've heard: early is better the interviewer is fresh; and later is better because they will remember you.


I prefer the end unless it's rolling decisions.

target
Posts: 688
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Re: Interview toward the beginning or toward the end?

Postby target » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:04 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:There's a lot of "wisdom" out there about when to interview, but overall I'd say it's a wash between the two. Being the first interview after they get back from lunch is a good place to be, though.


Curious why you say this. I imagine interviewers will be so sleepy right after lunch that they don't really remember who you are when they review applications.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Interview toward the beginning or toward the end?

Postby r6_philly » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:06 pm

target wrote:
Curious why you say this. I imagine interviewers will be so sleepy right after lunch that they don't really remember who you are when they review applications.


They will remember you if you wake them up and wow them. Of course that's predicated on you are good at interviewing.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273310
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Interview toward the beginning or toward the end?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:11 pm

r6_philly wrote:
target wrote:
Curious why you say this. I imagine interviewers will be so sleepy right after lunch that they don't really remember who you are when they review applications.


They will remember you if you wake them up and wow them. Of course that's predicated on you are good at interviewing.


Oh, they'll be awake. I'm going to make a power move and go naked. That'll also show them I have nothing to hide.

I think I'm going to go with the slot toward the end. Thanks for the advice.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: Interview toward the beginning or toward the end?

Postby Cupidity » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:15 pm

FIRST

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Interview toward the beginning or toward the end?

Postby romothesavior » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:22 pm

I found that interviewing in the beginning is the way to go.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.