SA jobs- has everyone heard back about start dates?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: SA jobs- has everyone heard back about start dates?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:07 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
f0bolous wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:My start date is the first week of June. Is it standard for the SA to last 8 weeks? I thought it was 10 weeks or more.

depends on the firm and the market

in NYC and other major markets (non-Texas), it's 10 weeks

FWIW, I'm at a firm in a non-NYC major market and our summer program is only 9 weeks.

+1.

+2

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:43 am

Quinn LA, start date May 21, 11 weeks.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:55 am

ben4847 wrote:Oooh. this is is like OCI all over again. Everyone also post if you heard by phone, or by email, and whether it was from a recruiter or from a partner.

My firm sent a mid-level associate down to our school, to hand deliver a gold embossed letter with the start date, along with a rep from their mobile phone supplier with sample smartphones for us to choose from. Blackberry and Apple each took us out for lunch also to sell us on their phone.

This was clearly a set up for you to brag about your gold embossed start date letter and fancy phone lunch.

Stanford4Me

Postby Stanford4Me » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:50 am

I got an e-mail with a corny (but cute) clip art of a sun wearing sunglasses (because summers in Texas are sunny). Definitely prefer that over a pretentious envelope. I'm a simple guy.

Return to “Legal Employment”