useful career services office? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

useful career services office?

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:46 pm

A friend of mine is interviewing for a career services position focused on getting students into biglaw. What do you wish your career services did differently in terms of helping you to a biglaw firm?

shoeshine

Silver

Re: useful career services office?

Post by shoeshine » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:19 am

Nice try CSO employee.

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:14 am

shoeshine wrote:Nice try CSO employee.

TITCR :lol:

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:32 pm

PDaddy wrote:
shoeshine wrote:Nice try CSO employee.

TITCR :lol:
Hell, even if they are a CSO employee, I applaud the effort. More than a lot of other CSO employees would do for their students, IMO.

My adviser did all the things you would hope/expect from a CSO. He helped me with answers to specific questions, helped me structure a bid list and remained responsive while I kept revising it, helped revise cover letters, went through a list of small/mid-size firms that wouldn't be at OCI with me and helped figure out which were the better targets, gave me any inside information he had on firms/interviewers to help with OCI. The one thing he did that I thought really went above and beyond was actually making calls on my behalf to some firms that he had either worked at or had a close relationship with when he saw I was struggling a bit through OCI. I also really appreciated that he was always honest with me and just gave it to me straight. He wouldn't sugarcoat anything, but he wasn't overly pessimistic or anything either.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”