Tell it to me straight: what's my career outlook here?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
mzing12

Tell it to me straight: what's my career outlook here?

Postby mzing12 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:15 pm

Last edited by mzing12 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PARTY

Re: Tell it to me straight: what's my career outlook here?

Postby PARTY » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:17 pm

mzing12 wrote:My past job experience was as a copywriter/brand strategist for a Fortune Global 500 corporation ... one of the top 50 corporations on the planet, actually. This experience is the only reason I'm not living in a cardboard box right now, and frankly regret turning down a management position there to go to law school.

just curious, but why did you make that decision?

MrAnon

Postby MrAnon » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:19 pm

I'd return to the old job if possible. You already understand it well hopefully? Law can be a long slog from the position you are in. If you were 25 or 26, I'd say go with law. But you are older. Its time to get on with life, not spend the next decade learning a profession.

mzing12

Postby mzing12 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:25 pm

Last edited by mzing12 on Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julio_El_Chavo

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:28 pm

mzing12 wrote:
PARTY wrote:
mzing12 wrote:My past job experience was as a copywriter/brand strategist for a Fortune Global 500 corporation ... one of the top 50 corporations on the planet, actually. This experience is the only reason I'm not living in a cardboard box right now, and frankly regret turning down a management position there to go to law school.

just curious, but why did you make that decision?

I was young and didn't appreciate what a good situation I had... it was my first job out of college and slacked into it somehow. More honestly, I was beating myself up for not making the most out of my life and thought law school would be like a second chance. I had some dead wrong priorities, so the whole decision process was skewed anyway.

Well, now you're in a world of shit. If I were you, I'd consider a career in motivational speaking. You could tell the next generation of naive 20-somethings what a waste of resources law school is.

mzing12

Postby mzing12 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Return to “Legal Employment”