Going into consulting after JD: how to prepare

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
azntwice

Going into consulting after JD: how to prepare

Postby azntwice » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:18 pm

I am interested in possibly going into consulting after graduation (currently a 2L). I know there are a couple of threads on what the benefits are, but I'm wondering more about the actual preparation necessary to apply. Do law school grads have to take the multiple choice problem solving test at McKinsey? Does anyone know if law school grades are taken into account? Any advice would be useful. You can PM me if you don't want to talk about it in public. Thanks :)

dabomb75

Re: Going into consulting after JD: how to prepare

Postby dabomb75 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:00 pm

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=123589

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=117187&start=25#p2949845

Voyager makes some helpful posts in both of those about the process of applying

LawIdiot86

Re: Going into consulting after JD: how to prepare

Postby LawIdiot86 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:35 pm

azntwice wrote:I am interested in possibly going into consulting after graduation (currently a 2L). I know there are a couple of threads on what the benefits are, but I'm wondering more about the actual preparation necessary to apply. Do law school grads have to take the multiple choice problem solving test at McKinsey? Does anyone know if law school grades are taken into account? Any advice would be useful. You can PM me if you don't want to talk about it in public. Thanks :)

Yes, law school grads have to take the McKinsey MC and they go through the exact same business case studies; nothing is changed for them compared to MBA/PhDs. Also, law school grades are NOT taken into account; SAT and LSAT are, but not GPA.

Return to “Legal Employment”