MBA after 3-4 years of biglaw

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

MBA after 3-4 years of biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:30 pm

Curious if anyone has heard of this. How easy would it be to get in a top school assuming v20 job, etc. Any insight welcome.

Anonymous User

Re: MBA after 3-4 years of biglaw

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:49 pm

My understanding from talking to a few corporate associates is that there is no real point in doing this. If you are doing corporate work at a v20, just stay at the firm as long as you can and then make the move to in-house. Unless you want to start on the bottom, and have the requisite math, finance skills, the returns on business school are not going to be worth it.

PMan99

Re: MBA after 3-4 years of biglaw

Postby PMan99 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:54 pm

Anonymous User wrote:My understanding from talking to a few corporate associates is that there is no real point in doing this. If you are doing corporate work at a v20, just stay at the firm as long as you can and then make the move to in-house. Unless you want to start on the bottom, and have the requisite math, finance skills, the returns on business school are not going to be worth it.

I know that at least at some finance/consulting firms (although I by know means have exhaustive knowledge) even if you went straight from law school to the business side you wouldn't be expected to get an MBA. And almost certainly not if you switch into the business side from a firm 5 years down the road.

Return to “Legal Employment”