(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:37 pm

Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

kalvano

Re: BigLaw Hours

Postby kalvano » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:39 pm

Only V5-V10. Everyone else pays you $160K a year to work 45 hours a week. Why do you think so many people are going to law school?

Anonymous User

Re: BigLaw Hours

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:44 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I was going through Above the Law and stumbled upon a few posts regarding associate deaths, the comments were quite disturbing, with hundreds of them addressing the hell of working in big law and all the resulting health problems.

I was wondering wether this is this true for all BigLaw or is limited to V5-V10 firms?

I don't get why people are so concerned about the hours. You are going to work your ass off in any career that is really worth it for 6+ years anyway. Sure, the work-life balance is better outside of biglaw, but you are being paid a lot of $$$ to slave your ass off. If you don't want to work your ass off, then why even consider biglaw.

$160 is a fuck ton of money and with that comes a lot of hours spent in the office.

Return to “Legal Employment”