Biglaw + Dog?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
handsonthewheel
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:12 pm

Re: Biglaw + Dog?

Postby handsonthewheel » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Adopt an older dog from the pound. Otherwise you are not doing the dog any favors.


Also, adopt a dog from the pound - no matter what.

Ya know what, let's call it what it is: rescue a dog from the pound.

User avatar
cantaboot
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:12 am

Re: Biglaw + Dog?

Postby cantaboot » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:33 pm

adopting/rescuing a dog from a shelter. what a great idea.

unless the dog is for some special purposes (therapy ... etc), you should adopt.

User avatar
Stanford4Me
Posts: 6043
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

Re: Biglaw + Dog?

Postby Stanford4Me » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:58 pm

Wait...why are people posting anonymously about dogs?

Also, if you're too irresponsible to do what needs to be done for your dog then don't get one.

I plan on getting a beautiful black lab(mix) when I return to Texas/after my current family dog dies.

ETA: And since we're sending messages, the lab will be mixed because I'll be adopting him from a shelter.

pcwcecac
Posts: 146
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:32 am

Re: Biglaw + Dog?

Postby pcwcecac » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:00 pm

Stanford4Me wrote:Wait...why are people posting anonymously about dogs?

Also, if you're too irresponsible to do what needs to be done for your dog then don't get one.

I plan on getting a beautiful black lab(mix) when I return to Texas/after my current family dog dies.



That sounds terrible!

Enjoy the family dog's company.....

User avatar
Stanford4Me
Posts: 6043
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:23 am

Re: Biglaw + Dog?

Postby Stanford4Me » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:11 pm

pcwcecac wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:Wait...why are people posting anonymously about dogs?

Also, if you're too irresponsible to do what needs to be done for your dog then don't get one.

I plan on getting a beautiful black lab(mix) when I return to Texas/after my current family dog dies.



That sounds terrible!

Enjoy the family dog's company.....


Haha, that was written poorly.

I love my dog. Have had him since 6th grade and he shows no signs of slowing down. I'm actually going home for SB instead of staying in NYC and my biggest reason for doing so is to go see my dog. My mom called me the other day and told me she couldn't find my dog and he wasn't responding to her calls. She called back 30 minutes later and said he was in my room sleeping on my bed. I teared up a little bit.

That being said, I know sooner or later he'll have to be put to sleep. I'm making no predictions on when that is going to be, but I'd like to get a black lab as my next dog.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Biglaw + Dog?

Postby IAFG » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:25 pm

cantaboot wrote:adopting/rescuing a dog from a shelter. what a great idea.

unless the dog is for some special purposes (therapy ... etc), you should adopt.

I think there are more legitimate exceptions than that.

User avatar
cantaboot
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:12 am

Re: Biglaw + Dog?

Postby cantaboot » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:09 pm

Image

as much as I'd love to get one of these, I think I will go to the shelter for a dog when I finally afford to get one.

User avatar
Guchster
Posts: 1205
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 pm

Re: Biglaw + Dog?

Postby Guchster » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:16 pm

pcwcecac wrote:
Stanford4Me wrote:Wait...why are people posting anonymously about dogs?

Also, if you're too irresponsible to do what needs to be done for your dog then don't get one.

I plan on getting a beautiful black lab(mix) when I return to Texas/after my current family dog dies.



That sounds terrible!


dogs live forever, so don't think about moar dogs, amirite?

User avatar
cantaboot
Posts: 204
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:12 am

Re: Biglaw + Dog?

Postby cantaboot » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Image




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.