Asked to sign employment status form upon arrival at DC CB? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Asked to sign employment status form upon arrival at DC CB?

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:25 pm

I recently did a CB at a V20 firm in a major market. When the recruiter met me in the lobby, she handed me a clip board with a employment status form on it and asked me to sign it before we got started. While I could certainly understand why they would want to verify my employability before I spent half the day talking to people who bill at a high rate, it seemed a little out of place. This was my first and only CB experience so I don't have anything to compare it to.

Is this standard for CBs at firms? The abruptness of it made me wonder if it was a test to see if I read the form carefully or something like that. Or perhaps I was being paranoid. Either way, they were great and it doesn't really matter but I thought I'd put it out there and see what people thought.

Gold

Re: Asked to sign employment status form upon arrival at DC CB?

Post by 094320 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:30 pm

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”