Mass Mailings & Finding Non-NLJ Firms - Resume Launchpad

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
aca0260

Re: Mass Mailings & Finding Non-NLJ Firms - Resume Launchpad

Postby aca0260 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:58 pm

At least 30% of law firms require the online application. Is there a way to identify these terms rather than looking it up one by one or sending them mass mail through ResumeLaunchpad that they won't consider?

Perseus_I

Postby Perseus_I » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:17 pm

I wish the default title wasn't "application for job" since most students will be using it for summer associate positions. I just mistakenly sent a mass mail campaign to 62 Chicago firms with that title - when I am really looking for a summer associate position, as my cover letter states in the first sentence.

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:43 am

Anonymous User wrote:
shock259 wrote:Has anyone used the actual mailing portion of this service? I wish I could sample it or something before it fires away.

I've used it. Not very happy with it TBH. While you *feel* good about sending in a ton of applications, I got bounce backs, and emails from people that had nothing to do with the hiring process. Also it had me email a european office of a firm...Not a fan.

To be fair, I used the NALP data to create a mail merge and I got a fair number of bouncebacks or old recruiting contacts as well. I honestly don't think it's a huge deal, I don't think large firms are making note of "well, this person e-mailed the wrong person...reject him immediately." I just fix the cover letter, e-mail it to the new person, and move on with my life.

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:47 am

Perseus_I wrote:I wish the default title wasn't "application for job" since most students will be using it for summer associate positions. I just mistakenly sent a mass mail campaign to 62 Chicago firms with that title - when I am really looking for a summer associate position, as my cover letter states in the first sentence.

:shock: Proofread?

Perseus_I

Postby Perseus_I » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:14 am

chrisbru wrote:
Perseus_I wrote:I wish the default title wasn't "application for job" since most students will be using it for summer associate positions. I just mistakenly sent a mass mail campaign to 62 Chicago firms with that title - when I am really looking for a summer associate position, as my cover letter states in the first sentence.

:shock: Proofread?

It's not like it's an actual typo. I still got an interview out of it, and it's only 9:30 the next morning.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Just gave this a shot with a small batch in a market I don't care about. We'll see how well it works. Thanks for the great info, though!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:Just gave this a shot with a small batch in a market I don't care about. We'll see how well it works. Thanks for the great info, though!

And reporting back already from my experiment - I have already received 2 actual person responses (ie, not automated ones). Of course, seeing as I was sending out to smaller firms, both said they're not hiring for the summer yet and to try back in the spring, but it's nice to know this works.

AllDangle

Postby AllDangle » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:21 pm

Tag

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:57 am

Sooo I just used this website's mail merge feature to send applications to all the mid-sized law firms in my #1 preferred market (a secondary market). Hopefully this website doesn't totally F up and turn my name to mud in that town....

I'm pretty nervous. I literally said, "Jesus take the wheel" out loud when I pressed the 'send' button...

chrisbru

Postby chrisbru » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:Sooo I just used this website's mail merge feature to send applications to all the mid-sized law firms in my #1 preferred market (a secondary market). Hopefully this website doesn't totally F up and turn my name to mud in that town....

I'm pretty nervous. I literally said, "Jesus take the wheel" out loud when I pressed the 'send' button...

Good use of anon...

I personally wouldn't trust this site enough to send to my #1 market. I did use it last summer for some markets that I was interested in but weren't at the top of my list, and got several responses. No interviews or anything came out of it, but that was probably more my GPA than the use of this site.

IMHO, however, it's better to use to get the names and emails of the people you should send it to, then sending one yourself.

dstars823

Postby dstars823 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:30 am

tagged

MT Cicero

Postby MT Cicero » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:03 am

6lehderjets

Postby 6lehderjets » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:15 am

Thanks Kalvano

AllDangle

Postby AllDangle » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:39 pm

Do you email the hiring partner/attorney or recruiting contact (as listed on NALP) when mass mailing?

Legen..waitforit

Postby Legen..waitforit » Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:08 pm

This may come in handy

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:58 pm

Legen..waitforit wrote:This may come in handy

How do you attach your resume and transcript to the mass emails using ResumeLaunchpad??

sublime

Postby sublime » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:49 pm

joshisaac1000

Postby joshisaac1000 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:53 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to access the Resume Launchpad database or to use the site (resumelaunchpad.com) in any way?

Right now it isn't popping up at all when I write in the URL?

Alternatively are there any other sites that allow people to find mid to large firms in a similar besides NALP?

Thank you.

Return to “Legal Employment”