NY Attorney General's Office - class rank?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

NY Attorney General's Office - class rank?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm

I was told that to intern at the NY AG's office, you had to be top 20% or higher, but I was curious as to whether this just applies to their 2L Summer Law Intern Program, or for first years too.

Thanks.

Anonymous User

Re: NY Attorney General's Office - class rank?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:25 am

I'm pretty sure this isn't true. I have an interview tomorrow morning and am only around the 40th percentile of my class. But who knows about how they make their hiring decisions. (I am a 1L at a T30.)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:33 pm

Last anonymous poster here. I can now confidently say that the 20% rank thing is not an absolute requirement. Very quick turnaround from applying to interview to offer.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:08 am

thanks a lot for sharing this, you actually just encouraged me to apply (however late it may be)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:57 pm

has anyone interned here previously? any insight to how the summer experience is? trying to decide between here and the u.s. attorney's office

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:24 pm

bump. anyone have any experiences interning here?

piccolittle

Postby piccolittle » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:09 am

I got an offer there after submitting only one grade, so I don't think the grade requirement applies to 1Ls. From what I've seen from people on this site, the NYAG is one of the less prestigious government offices (and some people rank it below RAing for some reason). I'd love to know why.

FWIW, I'm not going, but sometimes I wish I were because the people I met were so lovely and the work seems really, really interesting.

Return to “Legal Employment”