Late to the job search

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Late to the job search

Postby robchuckbob » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:16 am

Hi all--

The job I was expecting this summer fell through, so now I'm at square 1. I don't even know where to begin, and I assume a lot of deadlines have already passed. I am top 5% at Emory. Missed the deadlines for OCI and public interest job fair, but I did send an application for a diversity job fair (Hispanic, openly-LGBT).

I am interested in civil litigation and would prefer to work in a major city (NYC, DC, LA, SanFran, Atlanta) but maybe I'm at a point where I just have to take what I can get?

Any help is appreciated!

Re: Late to the job search

Postby DallasCowboy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:26 pm

1l or 2l?

Re: Late to the job search

Postby LawIdiot86 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Profile indicates 1L; I would drop the Gallatin part of NYU-Gallatin because CAS and Stern carry better rep and people will assume you went to them since they don't know Gallatin exists.

Return to “Legal Employment”