California Bar

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

California Bar

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:10 pm

Does anyone know when we're supposed to get our moral fitness stuff done? I heard that we're supposed to already have everything submitted by January at the latest...

NotMyRealName09

Re: California Bar

Postby NotMyRealName09 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:27 pm

Doesn't the California Bar publish application materials containing deadlines and such? Shouldn't a prospective applicant have read and understood those materials while preparing to take the California Bar exam? Good luck on the bar.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:34 pm

thanks for your helpful response.

their materials say "early in the third year of study" but don't really provide much beyond that... i know its no longer "early" anymore, but was just wondering if it was too late. my firm lets us have 6 months after starting work to get sworn in...

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:16 pm

My school recommends 8-10 months before you want to be admitted. You want to be admitted in November, so you should be getting it in sometime soon. However, the process is usually about 6 months.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:31 pm

You are not too late but the longer you wait the longer it takes to get cleared sometimes. I applied in January and was cleared by February. I had a friend who applied after she passed the Feb bar last year (so May) and didn't get cleared until end of December. I would recommend doing it by the end of the month if you can. Best of luck.

dood

Postby dood » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:35 pm

do it now bro. majority of my friends doing CA bar have already submitted C&F. u'r not late, just do it now before it gets too late.

kings84_wr

Postby kings84_wr » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:24 am

Do it now. It only takes a couple hours of filling out forms, getting fingerprinted, and $530 bucks.

Julio_El_Chavo

Postby Julio_El_Chavo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:43 am

NotMyRealName09 wrote:Doesn't the California Bar publish application materials containing deadlines and such? Shouldn't a prospective applicant have read and understood those materials while preparing to take the California Bar exam? Good luck on the bar.

You seem like someone who has lots of friends.

Return to “Legal Employment”