Being Serious(Don't laugh) Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

Is getting implants for work a good idea?

Yes but only to a B cup
2%
Yes to a C cup
54%
Yes to a D cup
2%
Yes but only if DD or larger
12%
No
29%

Total votes: 41

ben4847

Silver

Re: Being Serious(Don't laugh)

Post by ben4847 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Aren't there bra inserts you can use instead?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:42 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: I hear it's only around $2,000 to get the operation.
There's no way you're paying $2,000 to get this done by a board-certified plastic surgeon in the US. Anyone who'd do this for $2,000 is butcher and you'll be terribly dissatisfied if you manage to make it through the procedure.

Be prepared to pay at least $10,000. It also requires a fair amount of recovery time, so that'll cut into your summer employment. Not to mention that it doesn't quite look right for some time as it can take up to 6 months for the swelling to go down.

Anonymous because I have experience with this.
Real world experience. Thank God. Why did you get yours? How much bigger did you go? Did it help/Was it worth it?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:42 pm

When you don't find a job, it will help with the lucrative career of exotic dancing, so you definitely should.

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:48 pm

Tom Joad wrote:Boobs don't make the girl.
Idk dude C's usually look better than A's on most girls and it's prob true that bigger tits play a factor, however small, in getting hired, not to mention corporate bros wouldn't mind seeing C's over mosquito bites. Better looking girls, w/ nicer tits, def get ahead in the business world so it makes sense bankers and execs would rather work with a girl with bigger boobs so it's good for client retention and getting new business. She would be more of an asset to the firm.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: I hear it's only around $2,000 to get the operation.
There's no way you're paying $2,000 to get this done by a board-certified plastic surgeon in the US. Anyone who'd do this for $2,000 is butcher and you'll be terribly dissatisfied if you manage to make it through the procedure.

Be prepared to pay at least $10,000. It also requires a fair amount of recovery time, so that'll cut into your summer employment. Not to mention that it doesn't quite look right for some time as it can take up to 6 months for the swelling to go down.

Anonymous because I have experience with this.
Real world experience. Thank God. Why did you get yours? How much bigger did you go? Did it help/Was it worth it?
I went from a B to a C. I don't think it's recommended to make a drastic change because 1) it requires too much stretching and 2) it can look unnatural, even to you. It's amazing, but it can be hard to adjust to seeing yourself in a new way. You look in the mirror and don't quite believe it's you.

Getting plastic surgery is a personal decision, but I pursued because I wanted to improve my appearance. I'm happy with how things have turned out. I don't know how helpful it would be for improving your job prospects.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:50 pm

ran12 wrote:
Idk dude C's usually look better than A's on most girls and it's prob true that bigger tits play a factor, however small, in getting hired, not to mention corporate bros wouldn't mind seeing C's over mosquito bites. Better looking girls, w/ nicer tits, def get ahead in the business world so it makes sense bankers and execs would rather work with a girl with bigger boobs so it's good for client retention and getting new business. She would be more of an asset to the firm.
Good analysis.

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:50 pm

ran12 wrote:
There are so many super hot girls who weren't blessed upstairs. If OP is hot as it is, I definitely wouldn't do it just based on employment.

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:53 pm

Tom Joad wrote:
ran12 wrote:
There are so many super hot girls who weren't blessed upstairs. If OP is hot as it is, I definitely wouldn't do it just based on employment.
I know what you mean and I do agree to an extent but like the other poster jokingly said, she's got a career in exotic dancing as an option if things fall through. In all seriousness I've heard a lot of stories of law students going into stripping b/c it's more lucrative.

beachbum

Gold

Post by beachbum » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:55 pm

Shit, I would. I'd exploit the hell out of my sex if it meant gainful employment.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:57 pm

ben4847 wrote:Aren't there bra inserts you can use instead?
this might get you through the screener phase but you'll be exposed on the call-back

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:57 pm

It's really about more than cup size. I'm a DD, but a fair number of people assume I'm a C (esp. if I'm not wearing form-fitting clothing, or underneath a suit), because my band size is 34. When people think HUGE boobs they're usually thinking someone with a larger band, even if it's a smaller cup.

I had a major cup size change at one point in puberty (went from 32B--->34DD in a couple months, had to buy all new bras and almost entirely new set of shirts, it was $$$) so even though I didn't go through surgery, some general warnings:
1) You will look inappropriate a lot more easily with clothing. I never paid attention to things like my neckline or cleavage before, because people rarely tut-tut at a B cup. Not so much when you're DD. Suddenly things that looked cute and were good to wear to class suddenly make you look like you're really out on the town.
2) Be prepared to never be able to run with any modicum of comfort anymore. :( Sports bras help a little, but doing things like running for the train now suck.
3) Button-up shirts will make you look horrible. These are rarely ever made with the right amount of give around the bust.
4) Just in general certain styles of clothing I used to really don't look right anymore. I had to change my style.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:59 pm

Am I the only one that believes this post was started by some pervert trying to get females to talk about their breasts?

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:02 am

Victoria's Secret has a much cheaper solution, if, you know, you don't plan on getting felt up during interviews and on the job.

Instantly adds two cup sizes. (LinkRemoved)

You're welcome.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:06 am

GAIAtheCHEERLEADER wrote:Victoria's Secret has a much cheaper solution, if, you know, you don't plan on getting felt up during interviews and on the job.

Instantly adds two cup sizes. (LinkRemoved)

You're welcome.
This kind of stuff is how girls trick dudes. These tactics are not cool. Wonder if anyone's ever sued for fraud or misrepresentation over boob size.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:06 am

Anonymous because I have experience as an interviewer. I used to conduct interviews at my old job; a medium sized non-profit. One day at lunch, a couple of guys I worked with all had a laugh after owning up to the fact that we treated good looking female candidates better. It was never anything intentional (for me at least. However, I did know guys that purposefully hired attractive women), but i noticed that I was much less likely to press them on their answers and much more likely to find the experience very pleasant, which usually translated into an offer. As a breast man, I certainly would have been swayed by a busty applicant.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:11 am

Big Shrimpin wrote:
ran12 wrote:
Good analysis.
you could even help the firm dodge ethics charges: http://jezebel.com/5802758/lawyer-objec ... -courtroom

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:12 am

Anonymous User wrote:Anonymous because I have experience as an interviewer. I used to conduct interviews at my old job; a medium sized non-profit. One day at lunch, a couple of guys I worked with all had a laugh after owning up to the fact that we treated good looking female candidates better. It was never anything intentional (for me at least. However, I did know guys that purposefully hired attractive women), but i noticed that I was much less likely to press them on their answers and much more likely to find the experience very pleasant, which usually translated into an offer. As a breast man, I certainly would have been swayed by a busty applicant.
That's fucked up (unfair). It's not like I can tape a kielbasa to my upper leg and wear tight suit pants to my interview and get any positive results.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:15 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Anonymous because I have experience as an interviewer. I used to conduct interviews at my old job; a medium sized non-profit. One day at lunch, a couple of guys I worked with all had a laugh after owning up to the fact that we treated good looking female candidates better. It was never anything intentional (for me at least. However, I did know guys that purposefully hired attractive women), but i noticed that I was much less likely to press them on their answers and much more likely to find the experience very pleasant, which usually translated into an offer. As a breast man, I certainly would have been swayed by a busty applicant.
That's fucked up. It's not like I can tape a kielbasa to my upper leg and wear tight suit pants to my interview and get any positive results.
seriously. when are men going to get an advantage in the workplace?

Gold

Post by 20121109 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:
That's fucked up. It's not like I can tape a kielbasa to my upper leg and wear tight suit pants to my interview and get any positive results.
I dk.

How about you try it and report back with the results? I know I, and my female sectionmates, definitely paid more attention to our Torts professor with the huge schlong....he was just waving it around in there. Right in front of the class. Hypnotic.

Tom Joad

Gold

Post by Tom Joad » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:20 am

fatduck wrote:
this might get you through the screener phase but you'll be exposed on the call-back
COMEDY GOLD

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:21 am

Maybe its the boobs.... but its probably the 2.75....

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:21 am

-
Last edited by Anonymous User on Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:22 am

Anonymous User wrote:
That's fucked up (unfair). It's not like I can tape a kielbasa to my upper leg and wear tight suit pants to my interview and get any positive results.
I posted the above about interviewing. I think that when women interview men, the same thing happens to some degree. Though women aren't looking for a "kielbasa" outline, they probably respond to good hair, good smile, and an athletic physique the same way we respond to boobs. Well... maybe not exactly the same, but I think it does help the candidate.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:24 am

Tom Joad wrote:
fatduck wrote:
COMEDY GOLD

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:26 am

fatduck wrote:
Tom Joad wrote:
fatduck wrote:
COMEDY GOLD
You ruined it

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Legal Employment”