Reciprocity Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
kalvano

Diamond

Reciprocity

Post by kalvano » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:47 am

Anyone every do this, where another law school will let you look at their online job postings, and have access to their career services information?

Is it worth doing?

BrianFellow

New

Re: Reciprocity

Post by BrianFellow » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:58 am

would certainly be worth doing if you're from a better law school and can see the jobs posted to inferior law schools in the market you're targeting

but I don't know if reciprocity lets you do that, I think it's just for shitty access to materials produced by that office? like password-protected career manuals?

IAFG

Platinum

Post by IAFG » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:00 am

kalvano wrote:Anyone every do this, where another law school will let you look at their online job postings, and have access to their career services information?

Is it worth doing?
Why don't you just ask a TLSer at the school in question?

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:01 am

BrianFellow wrote:would certainly be worth doing if you're from a better law school and can see the jobs posted to inferior law schools in the market you're targeting

but I don't know if reciprocity lets you do that, I think it's just for shitty access to materials produced by that office? like password-protected career manuals?
It lets you access Symplicity job postings, but view-only. You can't apply via them, but I would like to see what is being posted.

My only issue is that one of the schools requires a $75 fee for access, which seems kind of bogus.
Last edited by kalvano on Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

kalvano

Diamond

Post by kalvano » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:03 am

IAFG wrote:
kalvano wrote:Anyone every do this, where another law school will let you look at their online job postings, and have access to their career services information?

Is it worth doing?
None of the areas are really rife with TLS people.

Besides, I prefer to make Career Services do some work, if if can.

LawIdiot86

Silver

Post by LawIdiot86 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:19 am

kalvano wrote:
IAFG wrote:

Is it worth doing?
None of the areas are really rife with TLS people.

Besides, I prefer to make Career Services do some work, if if can.
If it's like my school, the reciprocity services are minimal (use of the physical books in OCS). Most schools seem to limit it to other schools in their region/rank area, so unless you've found some school significantly above yours or in your target region, I wouldn't bother. Certainly not to pay $75 for.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”