Perkins Coie 1L Patent Fellowship Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Perkins Coie 1L Patent Fellowship

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:21 am

Got an interview for this today in Seattle. Does anyone know a lot about the summer program? How many people they offer to? Any other info about it besides what it on their site

Diamond

Re: Perkins Coie 1L Patent Fellowship

Post by 09042014 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:27 am

The number of candidates who get this interview has got to be extremely small. You have no anonymity.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:33 am

2L here and this is just anecdotal, but one of my good friends picked PC Seattle over multiple V5 NYC, K&E Chicago, etc.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:40 am

Desert Fox wrote:The number of candidates who get this interview has got to be extremely small. You have no anonymity.
I guess this is a good thing, as I would love the job and having little competition would be fantastic. I do know of at least one friend who also got an interview offer today, so I figured the number wasn't that small, maybe we just happen to be two of the few?

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:49 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:The number of candidates who get this interview has got to be extremely small. You have no anonymity.
I guess this is a good thing, as I would love the job and having little competition would be fantastic. I do know of at least one friend who also got an interview offer today, so I figured the number wasn't that small, maybe we just happen to be two of the few?
They only take 2-3 1L's and the probably aren't all IP. Who knows how many they interview.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:08 am

I know from someone who worked in that position that it is usually a very small set of interviewees. Congrats.

That being said, I think there is only 1 patent position and the other positions are diversity positions. If you qualify for both then you probably have a better chance.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:08 am

Anonymous User wrote:2L here and this is just anecdotal, but one of my good friends picked PC Seattle over multiple V5 NYC, K&E Chicago, etc.
Perkins Coie is an absolute beast in Seattle. Low COL and great place to live with a small legal market doesn't hurt either. It has ridiculous lay prestige as well--saying you work at Perkins goes far.

If you're interested in politics, aerospace, or high tech, it's competitive with any V5 and the firm culture seems to legit care about quality of life type stuff. Heard good things about their Cali and Phoenix offices as well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
They only take 2-3 1L's and the probably aren't all IP. Who knows how many they interview.
They take a diversity 1L at almost all of their offices and interview anywhere between 10-20 for each office (probably more interviews for the bigger offices, less interviews for the smaller offices). The chances are not THAT high even after you get an interview. Not sure if that's the same case for IP though, probably higher chance with IP.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:23 am

As an update for anyone reading in the future, they interviewed 10 people for 2 spots for the Seattle fellowship. This is not including any diversity interviews/hires

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:44 am

Anonymous User wrote:As an update for anyone reading in the future, they interviewed 10 people for 2 spots for the Seattle fellowship. This is not including any diversity interviews/hires
Did you get it? It seems that every firm I interviewed is bringing a large group of people. There has to be a lot of overlap. Wouldn't it be fun the same 10-20 people are finalists for every program?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:21 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:As an update for anyone reading in the future, they interviewed 10 people for 2 spots for the Seattle fellowship. This is not including any diversity interviews/hires
Did you get it? It seems that every firm I interviewed is bringing a large group of people. There has to be a lot of overlap. Wouldn't it be fun the same 10-20 people are finalists for every program?
No idea, complete silence since the interview.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”