Page 1 of 1

sending grades after release; explain why bad?

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:20 am
by TheFutureLawyer
So, I sent off some of my applications before grades came in. I figured that it'd get me a few more interviews at least. But if they ask me to send in my transcripts when they are available, should I also send along a letter saying that these grades are not reflective of my true ability, or anything like that?

I'm sure I have to send along some kind of letter at least saying, "this is XXXX, I sent my app to you and you requested my grades when they became available, here they are." So it seems like it makes sense to say something about the bad grades.

Thanks

Re: sending grades after release; explain why bad?

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:47 am
by kalvano
TheFutureLawyer wrote:should I also send along a letter saying that these grades are not reflective of my true ability?



Based on what? Were you being mauled by a wolverine while you took the exam?

Re: sending grades after release; explain why bad?

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:55 am
by TheFutureLawyer
kalvano wrote:
TheFutureLawyer wrote:should I also send along a letter saying that these grades are not reflective of my true ability?



Based on what? Were you being mauled by a wolverine while you took the exam?


nothing like that. so, just send the transcript with a short letter saying "thank you for your consideration"? No mention of grades at all?

Re: sending grades after release; explain why bad?

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:19 am
by 094320
..

Re: sending grades after release; explain why bad?

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:19 pm
by Anonymous User
don't attach a letter AT ALL. If your grades are bad. ASK THEM TO REQUEST YOUR TRANSCRIPT. That way you get more looks.

Re: sending grades after release; explain why bad?

Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:31 pm
by TheFutureLawyer
Anonymous User wrote:don't attach a letter AT ALL. If your grades are bad. ASK THEM TO REQUEST YOUR TRANSCRIPT. That way you get more looks.


read the op before you give an answer, this is exactly what I did.

Anyway, thanks to everyone else, I went with this:
acrossthelake wrote:Just do the standard "Please find attached my fall semester transcript. Thank you for your consideration!"