Chances of having offer rescinded?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Chances of having offer rescinded?

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:58 am

I received an offer contingent on a background check today for a law firm which has about 30 lawyers in the office I would be working in and about 80 total in its six offices throughout the east. I am planning on making full disclosure of my past offenses and was just wondering if anyone thought these would rise to the level where I could possibly have the offer rescinded. I am currently 24. When I was 18 I received an underage citation through my undergrad school. This I know will not show up on my background check, however I still plan on disclosing. When I was 20 I received an underage, which was lessened to a disorderly conduct. When I was 21 I received an open container citation which I had to pay a fine for. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Re: Chances of having offer rescinded?

Postby lawschoolftw » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:11 am

just disclose everything. None of them should affect your offer. They were dumb mistakes when you were a kid, im sure they recognize this.

Re: Chances of having offer rescinded?

Postby LawIdiot86 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:27 am

Just make sure to disclose it all. Agree to sign anything they want waiving your FERPA rights and be willing to provide character references of people who knew you at the time, but you should be fine.

Return to “Legal Employment”