Brooklyn DA Summer Internship

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Brooklyn DA Summer Internship

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:24 am

Can anyone who has previously interned at the Brooklyn DA's office comment on their experience? Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: Brooklyn DA Summer Internship

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:Can anyone who has previously interned at the Brooklyn DA's office comment on their experience? Thanks!

It was a great experience. They don't ask you what bureau you want to be in, but I was proactive and emailed about it asking if I could express a preference and the woman told me to list 3 bureaus and she'd see what she could do. I got placed in my desired bureau and that made all the difference in my experience (compared with other people I've talked to). Try to request a specialized bureau outside of the zones, a smaller bureau where you can get to know the ADAs and fellow interns.

You really get out of it what you put into it. You make the most of your experience. I don't know if you'll want to apply for a permanent position there someday, but they keep intern evaluations on file and consult them when people re-apply for an ADA position.

I could go into some specifics, but I'd rather not on the open forum. But it was a great experience, but from what I've heard from other people, the bureau you're in really matters!

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:51 am

That is great to here! Do you know how I can find out the sizes of the different bureaus? They're listed online but can't figure out which ones would be preferential.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:06 am

Anonymous User wrote:That is great to here! Do you know how I can find out the sizes of the different bureaus? They're listed online but can't figure out which ones would be preferential.

Just choose bureaus that aren't in the zones and you should be fine. Personally, I would stay out of ECAB too, but that's just me. Go for homicide, gangs, rackets, major narcotics, CAC, DV, stuff like that. :)

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:14 am

Awesome - thank you so much!!!

Return to “Legal Employment”