Is it good to write email back asking for interview result?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Is it good to write email back asking for interview result?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Had an interview last week, was informed that I will be contacted by the end of the week. Now since it has still been a total silence, I am wondering if it is OK for me to write an email and ask. Although I know it is most likely a rejection in response.
:cry:

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Is it good to write email back asking for interview result?

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Had an interview last week, was informed that I will be contacted by the end of the week. Now since it has still been a total silence, I am wondering if it is OK for me to write an email and ask. Although I know it is most likely a rejection in response.
:cry:

Yes, you can tactfully follow up, but I'd wait until the end of this week or maybe next week so you aren't pushy. Something along the lines of "I interviewed last week and am writing to follow up on my interview. I really enjoyed the firm, think I would be a good fit, blah blah, etc... Thank you for your time information. Look forward to hearing from you."

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Is it good to write email back asking for interview result?

Postby traehekat » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:01 pm

romothesavior wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Had an interview last week, was informed that I will be contacted by the end of the week. Now since it has still been a total silence, I am wondering if it is OK for me to write an email and ask. Although I know it is most likely a rejection in response.
:cry:

Yes, you can tactfully follow up, but I'd wait until the end of this week or maybe next week so you aren't pushy. Something along the lines of "I interviewed last week and am writing to follow up on my interview. I really enjoyed the firm, think I would be a good fit, blah blah, etc... Thank you for your time information. Look forward to hearing from you."


This. Still a little too early to be following up with anything, chill for another week at least.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Is it good to write email back asking for interview result?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:19 pm

But they said they would contact me by the end of last week. Or maybe I should wait a little bit longer. Just anxious to know the result..

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: Is it good to write email back asking for interview result?

Postby traehekat » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Anonymous User wrote:But they said they would contact me by the end of last week. Or maybe I should wait a little bit longer. Just anxious to know the result..


Firms are pretty busy places and, believe it or not, getting back to you about a summer position might not be their top priority at the moment. Things come up and they have to push other things back. Relax, trust me!

Geist13
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Re: Is it good to write email back asking for interview result?

Postby Geist13 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:But they said they would contact me by the end of last week. Or maybe I should wait a little bit longer. Just anxious to know the result..


Jesus. They have jobs to attend to and likely extremely busy if they're giving you an interview. Which person they want to do their BS work over the summer is probably last on their list of things to get done. They are not even one full day late yet. Based on these posts, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you didn't get the job. Sorry bud; them's the breaks.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273184
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: Is it good to write email back asking for interview result?

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:53 pm

traehekat wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:But they said they would contact me by the end of last week. Or maybe I should wait a little bit longer. Just anxious to know the result..


Firms are pretty busy places and, believe it or not, getting back to you about a summer position might not be their top priority at the moment. Things come up and they have to push other things back. Relax, trust me!


Thanks!!

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Is it good to write email back asking for interview result?

Postby r6_philly » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:06 pm

2-3 weeks after interview unless you have something to update, like a competing offer/deadline.




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.