Withdraw on transcript?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Withdraw on transcript?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:18 am

Hey guys,

I'm a 2L with a good summer associate position lined up. However, I'm a little concerned that I spread myself too thin this semester. I'm dealing with some time-consuming family issues at home and would like to drop one of my 1 credit courses to free up more time for other courses. My question: how bad is a "withdraw" on a law school transcript? Will my summer firm care?

LawIdiot86

Re: Withdraw on transcript?

Postby LawIdiot86 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:Hey guys,

I'm a 2L with a good summer associate position lined up. However, I'm a little concerned that I spread myself too thin this semester. I'm dealing with some time-consuming family issues at home and would like to drop one of my 1 credit courses to free up more time for other courses. My question: how bad is a "withdraw" on a law school transcript? Will my summer firm care?

I had a friend who was top 10% at T14 took an EW from a class and still got a gov't honors job. Would this be a straight W? That might draw some glances, but not many because it's only 1 credit.

Geist13

Re: Withdraw on transcript?

Postby Geist13 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:28 pm

how much time could a 1 credit class save. Like 2 hours a week? (1 hour reading, 1 hour class). Also, you have the job, so just call the recruiting person you've been in contact with and ask. If they say it's a problem, keep the class. If they say they'd rather you drop then have too rough of a semester, then take the W. They're not going to be pissed about you asking, because gathering information is exactly what you should be doing before making a decision.

Return to “Legal Employment”