Stupid Interview Transportation Question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Stupid Interview Transportation Question

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:26 am

Just got off the phone scheduling an interview with a firm in the Midwest. I go to school in DC. We set a date and time but I forgot to ask how I'm getting there.

People who have had interviews in different cities: does the firm usually book flights for you or do they just reimburse you for tickets you purchased?

I could just call back but I'm hoping you all can give me some insight.

Anonymous User

Re: Stupid Interview Transportation Question

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:29 am

Is it a callback?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:31 am

Yep

Big Shrimpin

Postby Big Shrimpin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just got off the phone scheduling an interview with a firm in the Midwest. I go to school in DC. We set a date and time but I forgot to ask how I'm getting there.

People who have had interviews in different cities: does the firm usually book flights for you or do they just reimburse you for tickets you purchased?

I could just call back but I'm hoping you all can give me some insight.

Firms either arrange transportation or tell you to cover it initially and reimburse you afterward. It sounds odd, however, that the firm didn't even mention anything in the scheduling phone call. I've had CBs where the firm literally told me where/when I was flying-out and CBs where the firm just said to save receipts and fill-out a NALP reimbursement form afterwards.

Just call back or shoot them an email.

LawIdiot86

Postby LawIdiot86 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:11 pm

I had a couple firms like this. I booked my travel as cheaply as I could and then waited for the rejection letter to send them the standard NALP reimbursement. All of them paid in full without question. Some did book my travel for me and some told me exactly how they wanted it done. Others just provided the NALP sheet when I left the interview.

Return to “Legal Employment”