Median grades at lower T14. How bad is that?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Median grades at lower T14. How bad is that?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:53 pm

1L here, Grades close to B+ but not quite. I figure I'm somewhere in the middle. Definitely did not make top 1/3 of the class. Does that ruin my chances for OCI in August and a 2L job at a big firm?
How about any job period, ITE?
Very disappointed. All the studying I did would have landed me A+ in my ivy league undergrad.
But, law school is certainly different. I hope I can get a job, any job (that pays) summer of 2013.
Any thoughts?

Grizz

Re: Median grades at lower T14. How bad is that?

Postby Grizz » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:19 pm

Maybe you will get biglaw at OCI, maybe you won't. Depends on ties, how intelligently you bid, how well you interview, and a whole bunch of other shit, as well as luck.

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:25 pm

Grizz wrote:Maybe you will get biglaw at OCI, maybe you won't. Depends on ties, how intelligently you bid, how well you interview, and a whole bunch of other shit, as well as luck.

Yup. Figure out what you did wrong as best you can and fix it.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:36 pm

As others have said, it depends on a lot of stuff, most of which is either out of your control, e.g. what school you are at, your work experience, and your regional ties, or you can worry about later, e.g. interview prep, bidding, mass mailing. The only things you can and should worry about right now are getting your grades up and a little networking.

Return to “Legal Employment”