Informational Interview at a firm that dinged you?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Informational Interview at a firm that dinged you?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm in the top 25% at a t30, pretty well rounded candidate, and stuck out at OCI. I'm still trying to find a job, life sucks right?

One of the local affinity bars is running an "OCI style program" in a few weeks, and among the participants are several of the large law firms that dinged me, all conducting "informational interviews." Some of these programs hire 3L SA's, would it be worth my time to try to do an informational interview with some of these firms that dinged me in the hopes of networking into a 3L SA?

Anonymous User

Re: Informational Interview at a firm that dinged you?

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:19 pm

I say do it. Trying again will show them that you are a go-getter/persistent individual and perhaps give you the opportunity to update them on your professional development.

They might have passed you over b/c there was another candidate that better suited their needs the last time around. Maybe you are the next best person for the spot. Good luck!

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:13 am

definitely worth your time, i think.

LawIdiot86

Postby LawIdiot86 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:56 am

What else do you have to do? Any time spent meeting practicing lawyers who do things you would do is time spent building your network. Not every encounter leads to a job offer. You've got to put in the time to get to know people and this event sounds like a great opportunity.

Return to “Legal Employment”