Women's shoes in Biglaw. Designer OK?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
desertlaw

Re: Women's shoes in Biglaw. Designer OK?

Postby desertlaw » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:29 pm

I'm a dude and my wife is into fashion, so I'd recognize when women in the office wear Loubs. I think other more guys know what they are than what people on here think. I personally would think that a summer associate wearing them has bad judgment, not because of their "sex appeal" but because I'd assume you dropped that much on shoes when you're still a student. That's probably more my problem than the summer associate's, but just giving my 2 cents.

PBateman1

Postby PBateman1 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:47 pm

No opinion on whether Louboutins are appropriate for the workplace, although I'd gather that most people won't care, but if you're blowing $600 on a single pair of shoes I really hope you are going to school for free or close to it, otherwise you've just revealed yourself to be financially illiterate.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:49 pm

desertlaw wrote:I'm a dude and my wife is into fashion, so I'd recognize when women in the office wear Loubs. I think other more guys know what they are than what people on here think. I personally would think that a summer associate wearing them has bad judgment, not because of their "sex appeal" but because I'd assume you dropped that much on shoes when you're still a student. That's probably more my problem than the summer associate's, but just giving my 2 cents.

YOU MUST BE POOR!

azntwice

Postby azntwice » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:53 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
azntwice wrote:i think black patent leather can be fine as long as the shoe itself is conservative. i went through interview season with black chunky-heeled patent leather pumps and i did fine. i wouldn't do patent leather stilettos though.

I'm sorry that just sounds so tacky...chunky-heeled patent leather?

yes, the ck olive pump, to be precise:

i actually got a lot of compliments on them :)

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:56 pm

I think it looks tacky and nouveau riche in Chicago. I see a lot of female lawyers using big LV handbags in lieu of briefcases and I think it makes them look like lost trophy wives.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:57 pm

azntwice wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
azntwice wrote:i think black patent leather can be fine as long as the shoe itself is conservative. i went through interview season with black chunky-heeled patent leather pumps and i did fine. i wouldn't do patent leather stilettos though.

I'm sorry that just sounds so tacky...chunky-heeled patent leather?

yes, the ck olive pump, to be precise:

i actually got a lot of compliments on them :)

Okay, changed my mind. those are cute. Those aren't chunky-heeled!

I imagined these:

rainpally

Postby rainpally » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:45 pm

Shoes are just not for style but also play a vital role in comforting your feet. Get the right pair of stylish womens shoes size 8 by shopping online.

spam

Georgiana

Postby Georgiana » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:31 pm

My staple shoe in the office is a patent wedge (either black or nude), I've worked in two law firms so far and its never been an issue.

I also wear

And am thinking about getting a basic black pump (probably Jimmy Choo since they seem to have exactly what I'm looking for in a basic pump).

Return to “Legal Employment”