Too many options?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Too many options?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:01 pm

I have offers at 4 different firms (2 in NYC and 2 in my home market) for 1L SA at V100 firms, and I want to know how many bridges I'm burning through this process.

As I wait for offers to explode, I'm currently waiting on the other 7 interviews I had this past month. Given that so far I'm 4 for 4, I expect to get a few more in the coming week (as all firms know that i need an answer asap to avoid losing my other offers).

I'll probs take the NYC jobs, but I'm waiting on a few more offers to roll in that I really want in my home market. I've pretty much interviewed/offered at all of the firms I would consider in my home market, and by turning them down/rejecting offers, am I destroying any chance at working at those places for 2L SA?

LawIdiot86

Re: Too many options?

Postby LawIdiot86 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have offers at 4 different firms (2 in NYC and 2 in my home market) for 1L SA at V100 firms, and I want to know how many bridges I'm burning through this process.

As I wait for offers to explode, I'm currently waiting on the other 7 interviews I had this past month. Given that so far I'm 4 for 4, I expect to get a few more in the coming week (as all firms know that i need an answer asap to avoid losing my other offers).

I'll probs take the NYC jobs, but I'm waiting on a few more offers to roll in that I really want in my home market. I've pretty much interviewed/offered at all of the firms I would consider in my home market, and by turning them down/rejecting offers, am I destroying any chance at working at those places for 2L SA?

Almost certainly not. If you have the credentials to get this many 1L SAs, firms will be irrationally throwing themselves at you at 2L OCI regardless of your other attributes, as long as you keep your grades up. Just don't be a dick and sit on offers you won't take; other people need jobs too. Turn down at least one offer in NYC and home market now.

Br3v

Postby Br3v » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:08 pm

I wouldn't see this as a big problem. Like above poster stated you are highly qualified and as long as you are professional and prompt about turning down the offers I wouldn't imagine it to be a problem.

Guchster

Postby Guchster » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I have offers at 4 different firms (2 in NYC and 2 in my home market) for 1L SA at V100 firms, and I want to know how many bridges I'm burning through this process.

Return to “Legal Employment”