Publication on Resume

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Publication on Resume

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Found out recently that my journal comment was selected for publication with another school's journal. Just wondering what you guys think is the best way to indicate/format this on my resume.

Also, I'm assuming it's worth sending an update/new resume out to any firms that I have outstanding applications with/have interviewed with?

dougroberts

Re: Publication on Resume

Postby dougroberts » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Congrats!

Perhaps have a section entitled "Publications", and have a Bluebook cite of the article.
If you only have one publication, then you could stick it in your law school education section.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:15 pm

My school suggests either a "Publication" section between "Education" and "Experience", or adding a bullet to the heading about your law review membership with "PUBLICATIONS" in big bold letters.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:20 pm

kalvano wrote:My school suggests either a "Publication" section between "Education" and "Experience", or adding a bullet to the heading about your law review membership with "PUBLICATIONS" in big bold letters.

I put mine after experience, but that's because I have extensive experience. It all depends on what's more impressive - put the best section near the top. I'd not put the publication under the school if there is space to have a separate section.

2LLLL

Postby 2LLLL » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Before my note hit print, I had it as a bullet point under my entry for Law Review that just saws: Publication: Your Name, Note/Comment, Your Title, (Volume #) Your L. Rev. ____ (forthcoming 2011/2)

Return to “Legal Employment”