Los Angeles District Attorney Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Re: Los Angeles District Attorney

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:36 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Any advice for those of us who have upcoming third round interviews with Jackie Lacey?
Learn about her pet projects. There's an interview of her when she was running for DA wherein she described the programs she set up. If I remember correctly: animal abuse prosecution unit, diversionary programs for women and vets with drug/ mental health issues and graffiti violence prosecutions. Good luck!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:00 pm

So how was everyone's third interview?

Has anyone heard anything back yet?

I didn't do that great on my third interview, unfortunately.

I've been having dreams about my interview and what I could have said differently.

Wanting to know if anyone's been contacted yet.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:00 pm

What don't you think you did well?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:06 am

Calls from Jackie Lacey are going out. Congrats to all who made it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:14 am

Anonymous User wrote:So how was everyone's third interview?

Has anyone heard anything back yet?

I didn't do that great on my third interview, unfortunately.

I've been having dreams about my interview and what I could have said differently.

Wanting to know if anyone's been contacted yet.
Did you get an offer despite your misgivings about the interview?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:29 am

Anonymous User wrote:Calls from Jackie Lacey are going out. Congrats to all who made it.
When are calls going out, and how are you aware of this?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:31 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Calls from Jackie Lacey are going out. Congrats to all who made it.
Friend got the call recently. I don't know any other details.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:33 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Recently, as in today? Or earlier?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:41 am

I haven't gotten a call. And I doubt I will.

I heard they're going to hire 40.

20 to start August.

20 to start January.

I just got too nervous in my 3rd interview and the interaction wasn't great. I'm great on paper, and everything was going well until my last interview... I forgot to mention really obvious, impressive experiences I've had in response to their questions. I just messed up... It sucks. I would do great if I could do it over.

Really bummed.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:28 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Recently, as in today? Or earlier?
different person here, but i heard the same. calls were today.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:02 pm

Source?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:39 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Source?
friend who got an offer

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:39 pm

Still haven't heard anything one way or the other. Anyone know when the office will stop giving offers? Or is it safe to assume that we just didn't make the cut this time around?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:25 pm

I am also waiting to hear back re: my 3rd round interview. I thought it went just as well as my 1st and 2nd rounds, spoke a lot about relevant DA experience I have.

If anyone has heard anything - please post. I personally don't find the previous posts very credible that Jackie Lacey called people to give offers last week, being that the source was "friend got an offer."

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:59 am

Anonymous User wrote:I am also waiting to hear back re: my 3rd round interview. I thought it went just as well as my 1st and 2nd rounds, spoke a lot about relevant DA experience I have.

If anyone has heard anything - please post. I personally don't find the previous posts very credible that Jackie Lacey called people to give offers last week, being that the source was "friend got an offer."
I too am waiting for any information, as are the individuals that I know who had an interview. I didn't put much credit in the previous posts either, however I spoke with an individual at work regarding these interviews, and she indicates that two of her friends received offers at some point last week. Now I do find her credible as she is a work colleague, but she only indicated the knowledge regarding 2 people. The office did give out notifications regarding the third interview over the course of a few days. Who knows what procedure they are using to do call backs. Admittedly, this information deflated me to some extent, however, I will continue to hold out hope until I receive some form of notice. Also, how will they handle approaching multiple hiring classes, given that they anticipate hiring for a second class in January? Will the individuals hired for that class be informed now, or will they be put on some form of waitlist?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:12 pm

Anyone hear anything?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:28 pm

I haven't heard anything - my third round interview went relatively well, pretty upsetting not to hear any news.

I spoke with someone pretty high up at the office - apparently word went out Friday that offers were made for the class starting this August. There will be another class in January. That's all I know, nothing else.

If anyone else hears anything - let us know!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Sorry in advance for how general this question is:

I'm have a job offer in LA and my so wants to be a prosecutor. We're in Chicago so my SO will be externing in cook county through school at NU. We're wondering what the options are if I take the job.

Can anyone just comment generally on what hiring for prosecutor positions in the LA area is like currently?

More specifically-can anyone comment on how realistic it would be coming from NU, with multiple stints at CCSA, to land a job as a DA in the LA area? If not LA county is another nearby county a possibility?

Sorry I'm having a hard time finding a comprehensive take on LA DA hiring, and nothing at all on coming from a t-14 in another market. If there's another thread that has the info i'd be much obliged.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:23 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Sorry in advance for how general this question is:

I'm have a job offer in LA and my so wants to be a prosecutor. We're in Chicago so my SO will be externing in cook county through school at NU. We're wondering what the options are if I take the job.

Can anyone just comment generally on what hiring for prosecutor positions in the LA area is like currently?

More specifically-can anyone comment on how realistic it would be coming from NU, with multiple stints at CCSA, to land a job as a DA in the LA area? If not LA county is another nearby county a possibility?

Sorry I'm having a hard time finding a comprehensive take on LA DA hiring, and nothing at all on coming from a t-14 in another market. If there's another thread that has the info i'd be much obliged.
If you read back through this thread, you will see that it's very difficult to get a job with the LADA. Over 1100 applied in this last hiring period for about 20-40 positions. Several people have extensive experience with internships/volunteering with the LADA and other DA offices, as well as several with years of litigation experience. Many of them didn't make it through all the rounds and several are currently in limbo still hoping for a third interview for future training classes. From what I understand, Orange County is pretty competitive also and many of the other smaller counties don't have openings arise as often. Obviously experience in this type of work is a plus, but it's certainly no guarantee, as many of these posters can tell you. Your SO will need to apply and go through the process. Good luck with your endeavors!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:05 pm

Offers for August class went out. Still waiting on January offers. Good Luck everyone.

Source someone high up in the DA's office.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:07 pm

Actually, they've already made offers for the class starting in January as well. They've made about 40 offers. 25 people are starting in August. And about 15 are starting in January 2015.

The rest of us are waiting to be offered a position in the third class, which will probably start in mid-2015. Who know's when they'll make the offers for that third class.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:31 pm

And what's your source?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:33 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Actually, they've already made offers for the class starting in January as well. They've made about 40 offers. 25 people are starting in August. And about 15 are starting in January 2015.

The rest of us are waiting to be offered a position in the third class, which will probably start in mid-2015. Who know's when they'll make the offers for that third class.
How did you find out that information? Do you know how many people were interviewed in this recent round?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:36 pm

How do you know this? I heard the same as the first report waiting for January. I would like to know a source as well.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:12 pm

Actually according to a DA only one class has been chosen and are waiting for the JAnuary class to be chosen. They are working on figuring who is in there. Letters have already went on and waiting for everyone to accept the position.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”