How to conclude a callback interview Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Ofta3184

New

How to conclude a callback interview

Post by Ofta3184 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:45 pm

So, you have an interview with a string of partners. The first partner walks you to the next partner's door and hands you off. What do you say when you shake the first partner's hand before he/she leaves?

Do you ask for the job with the second partner waiting there?

Grizz

Diamond

Re: How to conclude a callback interview

Post by Grizz » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:47 pm

You sound like you have ass burgers.

ben4847

Silver

Post by ben4847 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Ofta3184 wrote:So, you have an interview with a string of partners. The first partner walks you to the next partner's door and hands you off. What do you say when you shake the first partner's hand before he/she leaves?

I dunno. I just wore a pin which said, "Will work for money," and assumed they would get the point.

Gold

Post by 03121202698008 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:51 pm

You don't ask for the job. It's assumed. Thank then for their time and greet the next partner.

moandersen

Silver

Post by moandersen » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:58 pm

Grizz wrote:You sound like you have ass burgers.
+1. I hope this isnt a serious question...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

de5igual

Silver

Post by de5igual » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:59 pm

Ofta3184 wrote:So, you have an interview with a string of partners. The first partner walks you to the next partner's door and hands you off. What do you say when you shake the first partner's hand before he/she leaves?

you thank him, wait for him to leave, then start talking money/salary/benefits with the next partner. it's not that hard, dude.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:03 pm

Be sure to offer to fellate them.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:07 pm

"Thanks for your time, it was nice to meet you. By the way, do you play Alliance on the Wildhammer realm? I have a level 85 Death Knight, and I'd love to raid with you sometime."

Ofta3184

New

Post by Ofta3184 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:44 pm

haha naw mayne, I've been doing the whole "thank you for your time" thing and it seems like they always wait there for a moment waiting for something else. Just making sure I am not missing anything important (haven't done a mock interview with OCS yet)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

LawIdiot86

Silver

Post by LawIdiot86 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Ofta3184 wrote:
haha naw mayne, I've been doing the whole "thank you for your time" thing and it seems like they always wait there for a moment waiting for something else. Just making sure I am not missing anything important (haven't done a mock interview with OCS yet)
You've just taken up 20 minutes of his time. He was expecting the billing code to charge ".4 hours to interview, 1 hour to prep for interview and read resume, .5 hours to review interview notes, and .1 hours to walk candidate to next partner" on his timesheet.

c3pO4

Silver

Post by c3pO4 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:59 pm

Definitely make sure you don't leave without asking for the job.

c3pO4

Silver

Post by c3pO4 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Ofta3184 wrote:
Sir, I direct thee to wikipedia:

"The cognitive ability of children with AS often allows them to articulate social norms in a laboratory context,[1] where they may be able to show a theoretical understanding of other people's emotions; however, they typically have difficulty acting on this knowledge in fluid, real-life situations.[5] People with AS may analyze and distill their observations of social interaction into rigid behavioral guidelines, and apply these rules in awkward ways, such as forced eye contact, resulting in a demeanor that appears rigid or socially naive."

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:27 pm

Have to say I thought walking with the interviewer you just had through corridors and up/down elevators to the next interview was the most awkward part of the callback interview. Small-talk time. I'm sort of awkward in general though; YMMV.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

LawIdiot86

Silver

Post by LawIdiot86 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:35 pm

goodolgil wrote:Have to say I thought walking with the interviewer you just had through corridors and up/down elevators to the next interview was the most awkward part of the callback interview. Small-talk time. I'm sort of awkward in general though; YMMV.
I used that to prove my small-talk skills. Probably a mistake. If it was a fancy office, I would comment on how nice it was. If it had a good view, I'd ask about that. If it was in a good location, I'd comment on that. That worked until I ended up in a building with tiny offices, terrible view, and terrible location. All I had left was talking about the vaulted lobby. That failed miserably.

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:35 pm

Machine Spirit

Bronze

Post by Machine Spirit » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:44 pm

Shake their hand?

No no...respect knuckles.

c3pO4

Silver

Post by c3pO4 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:36 pm

goodolgil wrote:Have to say I thought walking with the interviewer you just had through corridors and up/down elevators to the next interview was the most awkward part of the callback interview. Small-talk time. I'm sort of awkward in general though; YMMV.
These walks were where I cemented my offers by definitively proving I fit in with the firm through my superior conversational skills.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:08 pm

You say, "I'm down to work here or whatever, but FUCK YOU if you don't hire me!"

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”