3L recruiting - gpa?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

3L recruiting - gpa?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:56 pm

i have a v20 sa position, and of course i'll be working my ass off this summer, but i'll probably still be doing 3l recruiting. i'm at a t6, w/ grades just a bit above median. i was hoping to improve this semester, but it looks like my grades are going to be more or less the same.

if i'm looking to move into certain firms in the v15 range or higher, does anyone have any info on how much grades matter in 3l recruiting? less/more/just as important as 2l? what else can i do at this point to improve any chance of landing something?

timbs4339

Re: 3L recruiting - gpa?

Postby timbs4339 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:i have a v20 sa position, and of course i'll be working my ass off this summer, but i'll probably still be doing 3l recruiting. i'm at a t6, w/ grades just a bit above median. i was hoping to improve this semester, but it looks like my grades are going to be more or less the same.

if i'm looking to move into certain firms in the v15 range or higher, does anyone have any info on how much grades matter in 3l recruiting? less/more/just as important as 2l? what else can i do at this point to improve any chance of landing something?

Those extra five Vault spots are super important, aren't they?

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:01 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:i have a v20 sa position, and of course i'll be working my ass off this summer, but i'll probably still be doing 3l recruiting. i'm at a t6, w/ grades just a bit above median. i was hoping to improve this semester, but it looks like my grades are going to be more or less the same.

thanks for your super helpful snarky response, but yes, the firm i am with this summer isn't the strongest in the practice group i'm interested in. therefore i'm looking to move up. sorry if that bothers you for some reason.

Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:05 pm

Just focus on your grades. No one can change your grades from last semester now, and odds are you're going to apply anyway. Better to just work harder this semester, and then see whether there are there are even any V10-15 firms hiring 3Ls, especially 3Ls in your practice group of choice.

timbs4339

Postby timbs4339 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

thanks for your super helpful snarky response, but yes, the firm i am with this summer isn't the strongest in the practice group i'm interested in. therefore i'm looking to move up. sorry if that bothers you for some reason.

Would you take a V50 firm that was more highly ranked in your practice group over your current firm?

Postby 20121109 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Would you take a V50 firm that was more highly ranked in your practice group over your current firm?

This is not an appropriate use of the anon feature.

Return to “Legal Employment”