Internships from hell?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Internships from hell?

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:16 pm

There are many internships out there. Some good, some bad. One person states that many internships do nothing to prepare one for the real world? How do you all screen internships, or do you take what you are offered in today's economy? I am about to apply for a few summer ones and came upon this:

http://lawschoolfail.blogspot.com

lawschoolftw

Re: Internships from hell?

Postby lawschoolftw » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:02 pm

Anonymous User wrote:There are many internships out there. Some good, some bad. One person states that many internships do nothing to prepare one for the real world? How do you all screen internships, or do you take what you are offered in today's economy? I am about to apply for a few summer ones and came upon this:

http://lawschoolfail.blogspot.com

I really have nothing interesting to add except that if this was what happened to me on my first week I would have quit immediately.

Citizen Genet

Postby Citizen Genet » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:21 pm

I call blatant self-promotion under the guise of anon. post.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:10 pm

Citizen Genet wrote:I call blatant self-promotion under the guise of anon. post.

Bingo. IBTAP

YourCaptain

Postby YourCaptain » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:16 pm

i am 100% certain this is Zazelmaf (sp?) that kid from the t4 who transferred to dozo.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Yeah. It's me *adorable blush*. Anyway, I find myself applying to these non-paid summer positions but then I get calls and can't get myself to return them out of fear that this will happen again. I know, not all places are like this, but most of the jobs I have had I have hated. Used and abused, you know. Once you take a stick to the dog so many times he doesn't want to lift himself up. And, a line from my new novel: "one of [them] sours the water".

Return to “Legal Employment”