2012 Texas Biglaw Summer 1L Thread

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Texas Biglaw Summer 1L Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:06 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Cubyfan21 wrote:I second the idea that the people at HB seem really great to work with. Interviewed for the Fast Track program and had a great experience.


Anyone know how long Hayboo waits to make offers after conducting fast track interviews? They did a first round in January and a second round at UT on friday.


Not what you want to hear, but like all other correspondence from a legal firm/school/entity, it varies. At my T13 :roll:, there were 5 people that did the full callback day in December and did not get dinged until a month after HB came to our school for a mixer. Think end of Feb. Meanwhile, the people who got offered received the happy news via phone (without any interview at all) about a day or two after the mixer. It's a cruel world sometimes. Still love HayBoo though.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Texas Biglaw Summer 1L Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:17 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Cubyfan21 wrote:I second the idea that the people at HB seem really great to work with. Interviewed for the Fast Track program and had a great experience.


Anyone know how long Hayboo waits to make offers after conducting fast track interviews? They did a first round in January and a second round at UT on friday.


Not what you want to hear, but like all other correspondence from a legal firm/school/entity, it varies. At my T13 :roll:, there were 5 people that did the full callback day in December and did not get dinged until a month after HB came to our school for a mixer. Think end of Feb. Meanwhile, the people who got offered received the happy news via phone (without any interview at all) about a day or two after the mixer. It's a cruel world sometimes. Still love HayBoo though.


dang, I had a ton of work to do the night of the hayboo mixer and had to skip it. oh well.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Texas Biglaw Summer 1L Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:14 am

Any movement with Graves Dougherty Austin? Any call backs?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Texas Biglaw Summer 1L Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:11 pm

Just received a Haynes and Boone fast track offer. Interviewed on Friday.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Texas Biglaw Summer 1L Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:40 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Just received a Haynes and Boone fast track offer. Interviewed on Friday.


Would you mind disclosing school, by chance?

Anybody else heard back from Hayboo?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Texas Biglaw Summer 1L Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:46 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Just received a Haynes and Boone fast track offer. Interviewed on Friday.


Would you mind disclosing school, by chance?

Anybody else heard back from Hayboo?


UT. Got the offer a day after interviewing.

User avatar
HereComesTreble
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:28 am

Re: 2012 Texas Biglaw Summer 1L Thread

Postby HereComesTreble » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:36 am

Any updates on Haynes and Boone Fast Track?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Texas Biglaw Summer 1L Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:54 am

HereComesTreble wrote:Any updates on Haynes and Boone Fast Track?


Just got my offer last week. They said they're in the process of finalizing the class right now.

Everyone at HayBoo seems awesome!

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Texas Biglaw Summer 1L Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:03 pm

Would people be willing to post the schools where people have received offers from HayBoo so far?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Texas Biglaw Summer 1L Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:13 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Would people be willing to post the schools where people have received offers so far?

Well, I'm the first guy to receive an offer from F&R who posted way early on in the thread. I am from UT.
By the way, you other people who have interviewed at F&R - how did that go? Who made it in?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Texas Biglaw Summer 1L Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Would people be willing to post the schools where people have received offers from HayBoo so far?


CCN here.

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Texas Biglaw Summer 1L Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Does anyone know about 1L SA pay at Andrews Kurth Houston? Apparently they're still making a decision...

User avatar
arkansawyer
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: 2012 Texas Biglaw Summer 1L Thread

Postby arkansawyer » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:04 pm

Does anyone have an idea of what it takes for a HYS student to get a Texas 1L SA?

Anonymous User
Posts: 273567
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Re: 2012 Texas Biglaw Summer 1L Thread

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:06 pm

arkansawyer wrote:Does anyone have an idea of what it takes for a HYS student to get a Texas 1L SA?



Not much. I had 6 offers pre-grades from firms. Granted I did mass-mail the sh** out of firms. You don't want to come off as a "foreigner" though. the people who did best in texas as 1Ls were those who went to undergrad here or who could hold a conversation about texas stuff




Return to “Legal Employment”

Who is online

The online users are hidden on this forum.