Any tips for working firm knowledge into the interview?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
omnomnom

Any tips for working firm knowledge into the interview?

Postby omnomnom » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:14 pm

How do you show the interviewer that you did your homework without being awkward?

ben4847

Re: Any tips for working firm knowledge into the interview?

Postby ben4847 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:22 pm

I just walk in and hand the interviewer a paper I compiled listing all the attributes of the firm, and everything I learned by cyberstalking the interviewer.

c3pO4

Postby c3pO4 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:07 pm

omnomnom wrote:How do you show the interviewer that you did your homework without being awkward?

Go do some practice interviews. This isn't something you can script. Well you can, but you will sound awkward. Just try out a bunch of different things in practice interviews and see what works. This is like asking "how do you ask a girl out with out being awkward?" If you have to ask...

sparty99

Postby sparty99 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:30 pm

You are usually asked, "What do you know about our firm?" or "Why are you interested in XYZ firm?"

Also, you are given the opportunity to ask questions. Ask, "I read that you do _______, will I have the opportunity to work on these projects my first year?"

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:14 pm

sparty99 wrote:You are usually asked, "What do you know about our firm?" or "Why are you interested in XYZ firm?"

Also, you are given the opportunity to ask questions. Ask, "I read that you do _______, will I have the opportunity to work on these projects my first year?"

credited.

Return to “Legal Employment”