Non-partnership track offer from 2L SA?

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Non-partnership track offer from 2L SA?

Postby Anonymous User » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:55 pm

I've recently seen a number of job postings for non-partnership track positions at big firms. I'm wondering if 2L summer associates are ever offered non-partnership track positions after their summer associateships? I'm summering with a V-50 next year and am really concerned about this.

Thanks.

MrKappus

Re: Non-partnership track offer from 2L SA?

Postby MrKappus » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:59 pm

Non-partnership track usually means off-site doc reviewer. It's separate from SA hiring. If you're "really concerned about this," you need a hobby.

c3pO4

Postby c3pO4 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:16 am

Half of SA's get taken off the partnership track upfront. You'll know if you don't get the secret nudge at the partnership track-dinner in August.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:40 am

c3pO4 wrote:Half of SA's get taken off the partnership track upfront. You'll know if you don't get the secret nudge at the partnership track-dinner in August.

How do you know this?

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:03 am

Anonymous User wrote:
c3pO4 wrote:Half of SA's get taken off the partnership track upfront. You'll know if you don't get the secret nudge at the partnership track-dinner in August.

How do you know this?

Obviously a joke...you people need to calm down.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:17 am

Anonymous User wrote:

How do you know this?

I heard the same thing. My cousins stepsister worked at one of these firms and got put on non partner.

She's at a warehouse in W VA right now writing motions to compel and reviewing requests for discovery.

c3pO4

Postby c3pO4 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:38 pm

It's really sad because what they don't tell you is a JD isn't even required for non-partner track. So basically you got double screwed.

Return to “Legal Employment”