Unexpected interview Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Unexpected interview

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:33 pm

Here goes: I spammed Dallas/Houston/Austin like many UT 1Ls on December 1. Most responses were as follows: 1) We're not hiring 1Ls & 2) We'd love to get to know you more, specifically your grades.

Curiously enough, I received one email from a V100 firm in one of the cities that I applied to saying that they want me to come to their office and meet some of their attorneys over a several-hour window. I am a diverse candidate with a strong resume, but is this at all typical? It seems to me that I just got a full-blown biglaw interview without any grades.

It's clear to me that they're bringing me in for diversity reasons, so will my grades actually matter? Has anybody else had any responses like this in the past?

I sincerely am not trying to brag... I only want to hedge my expectations and learn from the experiences of others. Any words of wisdom are welcome.

Diamond

Re: Unexpected interview

Post by 09042014 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:47 pm

It's a callback. Your grades may or may not matter.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:09 pm

Desert Fox wrote:It's a callback. Your grades may or may not matter.
+1

2L here. Had something similar happen last year, but they withheld decisions until after you sent in your transcript.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:00 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:It's a callback. Your grades may or may not matter.
+1

2L here. Had something similar happen last year, but they withheld decisions until after you sent in your transcript.
Thanks to both of you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”