not updating its website

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

not updating its website

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:34 am

I have a question that is somewhat related to job search.
I am interested in a small law firm - and it does not look like shitlaw at all.
the website indicates that it has six attorneys. Yet upon further research I found out that 2 of its attorneys (one partner and one well-qualified attorney) left the firm some months ago and have been working elsewhere since June. The firm has not updated its website for seven months.

Does this say something about the firm? I am thinking that the firm either does not even bother to update its website, or desperately want it look more impressive than it really is.

MrAnon

Re: not updating its website

Postby MrAnon » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:35 am

its shitlaw. all small firms are.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:45 am

how are you sure?,
it specializes in complex litigation and 3 of 4 attorneys are very well-qualified. actually the two who left are very good too.

I just wonder if the fact that it has not updated its website for over half a year might indicate something about it.

lawschoolftw

Postby lawschoolftw » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:how are you sure?,
it specializes in complex litigation and 3 of 4 attorneys are very well-qualified. actually the two who left are very good too.

I just wonder if the fact that it has not updated its website for over half a year might indicate something about it.

I don't think the fact that it hasn't updated its website means much of anything. Small firms are often extremely busy because they're small and everyone in the office is frantically working to deal with all of the legal work that a website might be far from their thoughts.

Also, don't concern yourself with labels like "shitlaw." If it's the kind of work you want then don't stress it. A job is a job.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:33 am

MrAnon wrote:its shitlaw. all small firms are.

No.

Return to “Legal Employment”