2L summer offers, switching office locations

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.

2L summer offers, switching office locations

Postby bok92 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:55 pm

If I received an offer for 2L summer and accepted, but circumstances changed in, say, March, would I be able to get an offer from the same firm for a different office location? If not, would some firms be willing to send a new offer at that time?

Re: 2L summer offers, switching office locations

Postby imchuckbass58 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:15 pm

It really depends. Generally, firms dislike doing this. But some are relatively flexible. Some are completely inflexible. Most are somewhere in the middle, where if you have a good reason (e.g., my spouse got a job in a different state, not I want to check out this city), they will accommodate the transfer as long as the new office isn't slow in terms of work.

Also, the earlier you alert them to this the better.

Anonymous User

Re: 2L summer offers, switching office locations

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:06 pm

A friend of mine summered at a (V50) the NYC office of a CA HQ'd firm and asked to switch to LA when he received his offer for personal reasons -- they weren't exactly thrilled, but they also accommodated him without all that much fuss.

Return to “Legal Employment”