bar exam question

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

bar exam question

Postby Anonymous User » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:46 pm

1) Will my V50 cover bar fees? Will they cover bar-prep fees? ~4K
2) Random question: if you had to take either (business associations) or (estates and trusts) for the Cal bar exam in law school, which one would you rather take?

MrKappus

Re: bar exam question

Postby MrKappus » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:52 pm

Anonymous User wrote:1) Will my V50 cover bar fees? Will they cover bar-prep fees? ~4K
2) Random question: if you had to take either (business associations) or (estates and trusts) for the Cal bar exam in law school, which one would you rather take?

(1) Wtf do you think someone's going to say to this? Ask your firm. No one can answer this for you.
(2) Both.

Worst/Stupidest post ever.

YoungFogey

Postby YoungFogey » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:26 pm

1. Ask your firm. Some firms do nothing. Some offer advances (meaning you get smaller paychecks until you've paid back the advance). Some firms pay Barbri directly. Some give you a stipend, which can vary widely.

2. Neither. Take Barbri. Learn what the bar tests, not what your prof cares about.

Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:59 pm

I agree with youngfogey, except on the barbri point. I think business associations (assuming it's the "corporations" course your school offers) is a course every law student should take, simply because it provides substantial value outside of merely ensuring a high score on the bar.

Aside from that, your business associations course won't help too much with the bar anyways. A typical corporations course covers Delaware law and precedent, whereas the bar will cover the law of the state you're taking the exam for.

Return to “Legal Employment”