Rejecting a Judge Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
Anonymous User

Rejecting a Judge

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:13 pm

Is it alright to reject a judge when I applied for summer, but was offered for fall? Just double checking because I know it is bad form to reject a judge in almost any circumstance.

Machine Spirit

Bronze

Re: Rejecting a Judge

Post by Machine Spirit » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Yes, especially considering the position (i.e. Fall internship) is not something you had sought to begin with.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:23 pm

OP here. How about accepting for the fall, but reneging due to a transfer? I have to make this decision soon and grades may/may not be out by the date I have to make a decision. I understand even with top grades a transfer to a better school is not guaranteed, so I am trying to weigh my options here. Thanks for the reply.

c3pO4

Silver

Post by c3pO4 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Anonymous User wrote:OP here. How about accepting for the fall, but reneging due to a transfer? I have to make this decision soon and grades may/may not be out by the date I have to make a decision. I understand even with top grades a transfer to a better school is not guaranteed, so I am trying to weigh my options here. Thanks for the reply.
Fine. If you transfer and aren't there, how could you take the job?

pasteurizedmilk

Bronze

Post by pasteurizedmilk » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:14 am

yeah you're good either way.

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:18 am

You would have been fine to turn it down. If you haven't accepted, I would mention the possibility of transferring before you do so. It probably won't be a big deal, but you don't want to give the judge the impression you were less than fully candid.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”