1L applying to firms before transcripts? Forum

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
lsatextreme

Silver

1L applying to firms before transcripts?

Post by lsatextreme » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Do firms in general accept applications (cover letter, resume, writing sample, references, etc) from 1Ls before their transcripts are released, or do they generally advise to send app once it's a complete package? I'm wondering if I should generally stay put until I can pull a transcript next month or so before I start contacting this huge list of firms about their policy...TIA

Gold

Re: 1L applying to firms before transcripts?

Post by 094320 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:14 pm

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:33 pm

I did the same as the poster above. I've been invited to interview with 6 firms (4 in my home market and 2 in DC). Some firms have sent letters saying they received my app, but will not make interview decisions until grades come out.

lsatextreme

Silver

Post by lsatextreme » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:37 pm

oh okay sounds good I guess I'll go ahead and send out what I got in the meantime, thanks ya'll

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Legal Employment”