NYU Releases Detailed Employment Stats 2008-2010

(On Campus Interviews, Summer Associate positions, Firm Reviews, Tips, ...)
Forum rules
Anonymous Posting

Anonymous posting is only appropriate when you are revealing sensitive employment related information about a firm, job, etc. You may anonymously respond on topic to these threads. Unacceptable uses include: harassing another user, joking around, testing the feature, or other things that are more appropriate in the lounge.

Failure to follow these rules will get you outed, warned, or banned.
LawIdiot86

Re: NYU Releases Detailed Employment Stats 2008-2010

Postby LawIdiot86 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:24 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:
c3pO4 wrote:So 5-10 people per class in the last three years at NYU have no job after a year and are still looking or even not looking anymore? What the hell are they going to do? This is considered good?

I'd wager that this is the case at any top law school, even in good economic times. Some people, like yourself, have such a high degree of aspergers that they can't help it.

But in all seriousness, I think it's the rare year when a school reports 100% employment to USNews.

I would say "top law school" here means T6. I'm at a T14 and know more then 5-10 people, probably 5-10% of last year's class, who don't have jobs. It requires a low GPA, low motivation or extreme finickiness on the type of job, combined with some personality defect (shortness, fatness, awkward nerd, plain ugly, not aggressive enough, mental illness, etc) to end up with no job several months after graduation.

c3pO4

Postby c3pO4 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:28 pm

LawIdiot86 wrote:
Fresh Prince wrote:
c3pO4 wrote:So 5-10 people per class in the last three years at NYU have no job after a year and are still looking or even not looking anymore? What the hell are they going to do? This is considered good?

I'd wager that this is the case at any top law school, even in good economic times. Some people, like yourself, have such a high degree of aspergers that they can't help it.

But in all seriousness, I think it's the rare year when a school reports 100% employment to USNews.

I would say "top law school" here means T6. I'm at a T14 and know more then 5-10 people, probably 5-10% of last year's class, who don't have jobs. It requires a low GPA, low motivation or extreme finickiness on the type of job, combined with some personality defect (shortness, fatness, awkward nerd, plain ugly, not aggressive enough, mental illness, etc) to end up with no job several months after graduation.

Gratuitous BMI trolling.

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:04 pm

LawIdiot86 wrote:
Fresh Prince wrote:

Shortness, fatness, and ugliness are personality defects? Oh, I apologize, I accidentally commented on a less retarded part of the post.

Old Gregg

Postby Old Gregg » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:25 pm

c3pO4 wrote:
Fresh Prince wrote:

Merry Christmas to you too.

Awww, u mad bro?

Anyways, I'm talking about even during the boom times. I don't think any T14 reported 100% employment. That means that basket cases like this shithead up here probably would be shit out of luck at YLS. Nowadays, I'd say that unemployment is a very real possibility for any law student, except someone at Yale and maybe Stanford.

c3pO4

Postby c3pO4 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:46 pm

Fresh Prince wrote:
c3pO4 wrote:
Fresh Prince wrote:

Merry Christmas to you too.

Awww, u mad bro?

Anyways, I'm talking about even during the boom times. I don't think any T14 reported 100% employment. That means that basket cases like this shithead up here probably would be shit out of luck at YLS. Nowadays, I'd say that unemployment is a very real possibility for any law student, except someone at Yale and maybe Stanford.

I'm not mad, but just wondering why you are such an insufferable asshole. Oh, and whether or not I have a jerb has nothing to do with it.

MrAnon

Postby MrAnon » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:46 am

So 50% of the class got biglaw?

I guess all the JD preferred jobs went to students who are employed by the school? Or maybe those are all JD required. Either way, these statistics are more smoke and mirrors.

mths

Postby mths » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:26 am

koalatriste wrote:
booboo wrote:I love my school.

+1.

oh shut up

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:16 am

Yes, this is good.

booboo

Postby booboo » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:48 am

mths wrote:
koalatriste wrote:

+1.

oh shut up

Aww. :).

mths

Postby mths » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:56 pm

booboo wrote:
mths wrote:
koalatriste wrote:

+1.

oh shut up

Aww. :).

he left us

boosk

Postby boosk » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:07 am

Borhas wrote:

Yes, this is good.

desertlaw

Postby desertlaw » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:09 am

Regarding a previous comment about NYU's office working hard for them, I'm sure anyone at UVa will tell you that our OCS works their butts off for us. They have called/e-mailed late into the night and done more than enough to put us in the best position to succeed.

Anonymous User

Postby Anonymous User » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:36 am

21% in PI/Gov. That's pretty badass.

Return to “Legal Employment”